Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ESC on Home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can I please have that pressing ESC on Home returns focus to ID that is defined as <defaultcontrol> ?

I.e. we have <defaultcontrol>9000</defaultcontrol> , we go to submenu from there (id="9001"), press ESC and navigation is returned to ID=9000 again.
seems a little too specific for me and might make people go WTF when they push it twice or something by mistake. But I'm not totally against it
Better yet would be onclick actions.

eg <OnEsc>SetFocus()</OnEsc>
Don't we have <onback> or some such?
(2012-06-10, 01:51)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]Don't we have <onback> or some such?

yes, onback is available already. (which is connected to "parentdir" i think), so question here is to give skinners control for "previousmenu"
It's connected to <back> which is the backspace key on the keyboard, but is often the main "back" button on remotes.
(2012-06-10, 04:19)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]It's connected to <back> which is the backspace key on the keyboard, but is often the main "back" button on remotes.

ah ok. wouldn´t it make more sense to have control over the action rather than the over a specific key?
We do. Back is the action. It can be mapped to whatever key you want. eg you could map it to escape.
Still, backspace and escape are 2 different buttons, doing 2 different things. Pressing Esc on home to show the shutdown menu would be nice.
(2012-06-10, 19:01)Maxoo Wrote: [ -> ]Still, backspace and escape are 2 different buttons, doing 2 different things. Pressing Esc on home to show the shutdown menu would be nice.

ack god no
ONBACK will do, did not know it exists Smile

Thanks.

Question is should ESC behave the same way as backspace when pressed on home screen?