Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDMI audio using AudioEngine builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since ALSA configs are not my specialty, I figured I'd post here.

Recently I have tried compiling/running the new AudioEngine builds, and I'm having some problems.
My hardware is an Atom ION based box - Acer Revo 3610.

On all previous versions of XBMC, HDMI would work fine - but the channels were mapped all wrong.
There are a million sites that have information for how to create an updated /etc/asound.conf file to fix the remapping.

But with AE in the mix, HDMI doesn't even show up as an option in the hardware settings inside XBMC, and no sound is ever output.
If I completely remove the /etc/asound.conf file, XBMC allows me to select HDMI ... and it works, but with the wrong channel mappings.

Does anybody know what needs to be done to get both working?
What OS etc are you running? Do you use pulseaudio? Pulseaudio is disabled by default for now in the nightly's cause they were having a few problems with it, so if you are this could explain your lack of options.

Try a recompile with --enable-pulse if thats the case and you should get the relevant options Smile

Hope that helps, post the OS etc anyhow and let us know how you go.
(2012-06-11, 08:39)abeeson Wrote: [ -> ]What OS etc are you running?

Linux (XBMCbuntu base to be exact).

(2012-06-11, 08:39)abeeson Wrote: [ -> ]Do you use pulseaudio? Pulseaudio is disabled by default for now in the nightly's cause they were having a few problems with it, so if you are this could explain your lack of options.

Hmm no I probably was not compiling with Pulse - just plain ALSA support.
However, I doubt thats the problem since the devices DO show up.
But something in the asound.conf file remapping options causes the device to not work with AudioEngine.
(2012-06-11, 16:03)Uxorious Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-11, 08:39)abeeson Wrote: [ -> ]What OS etc are you running?

Linux (XBMCbuntu base to be exact).

(2012-06-11, 08:39)abeeson Wrote: [ -> ]Do you use pulseaudio? Pulseaudio is disabled by default for now in the nightly's cause they were having a few problems with it, so if you are this could explain your lack of options.

Hmm no I probably was not compiling with Pulse - just plain ALSA support.
However, I doubt thats the problem since the devices DO show up.
But something in the asound.conf file remapping options causes the device to not work with AudioEngine.

Check this out:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=133664

It may not fix it for you, but it seems to have worked for this person.

Its on a totally different tangent than all my problems, in my case alsa is fine, and its the pulseaudio in teh middle + xbmc giving me the problems, I'm not up on the asound stuff but hopefully that gets you going Smile
I had to go into the audio mixer and take the mute off on IEC958,1

worked then