Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
I put mine at the top of the "<rules>" section. So mine looks like this:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <!-- These are compiled-in as re-ordering them would break scripts
    The following aliases may also be used:
      audiodefaultplayer, videodefaultplayer, videodefaultdvdplayer
    <player name="DVDPlayer" audio="true" video="true" />
    <player name="DVDPlayer" /> placeholder for MPlayer
    <player name="PAPlayer" audio="true" />
    -->
  </players>

<rules name="system rules">
    <rule name="rtmpe" protocols="rtmpe" player="DVDPlayer" />
    <rule name="rtv" protocols="rtv" player="DVDPlayer" />
    <rule name="hdhomerun/myth/mms/udp" protocols="hdhomerun|myth|cmyth|mms|mmsh|udp" player="DVDPlayer" />
    <rule name="lastfm/shout" protocols="lastfm|shout" player="PAPlayer" />
folks, does the web subscription work for this or do you need the unlimited one?
The "web" subscription is sufficient.
thanks
i just created a new file called playercorefactory.xml in the Userdata folder (as per this - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=External_players) with the following and Rdio is working fine. I am using latest version of openelec which is frodo based and haven't noticed any issues with xbmc yet. Thanks for the great addon btw.

<playercorefactory>
<rules name="system rules">
<rule name="rtmpe" protocols="rtmpe" player="DVDPlayer" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
That's great, thanks moontan. Didn't know you could create your own playercorefactory.xml, that's much neater than modifying the system one.

I've opened an XBMC bug ticket for the Frodo playback problem: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13864
Howdy... first off Thanks for the Great Plugin!
It has been working perfectly for a few weeks now and then somehow in the past couple days I broke it. (it involved a sticky mouse button, a cat and my noobness in linux)
I'm using the XBMCbuntu on and 4 year old Dell... works a charm... anyways, can someone have a look at my Pastebin Debug Log and tell me where it's all gone wrong?
I'm able to access my rdio playlists and search for artists, but when it comes to playing the tracks, I always get a "script failed" message from xbmc.

Thanks, appreciate your time!

http://pastebin.com/vyEtKu4T
I'm having the exact same issue so I wonder if this is another change at the Rdio end. Haven't got my XBMC log at the mo but the error is the same as the one above (line 155 in rdioxbmc.py)
I'm getting a script failed error as well. Running Openelec 2.99.1 (Frodo).

Here's my log file. Error looks to match with messydesk's:

http://pastebin.com/tk3eM2h2
Yep, failing for me too. Rdio have probably changed their secret keys again (sigh).

Am very with a few things right now, but will try to fix as soon as I can.
OK, this isn't looking good unfortunately. The Rdio flash player uses a magic key to generate a playback token. Originally I was able to get this key by looking at the flash player source. But now the key is generated by an algorithm that is almost impossible to figure out from the source.

I'll start a dialogue with the Rdio guys and see if there's a way we can keep this plugin alive, but for the time being it seems that this plugin will remain broken.

In the meantime, if any developers think they might know how to get things working again please let me know.
Ok, thanks amped. Be sure to let them know that there are a lot of paid subscribers who love your add-on. Smile
Bah, that's unfortunate.. Thanks ampedandwired for your efforts!
Thanks for the add-on, once again. Spotify is coming to my country this year. I will stay with Rdio only if the add-on is working. So, Rdio guys, I hope you give the developer the support he deserves Smile
OK, we're back in business! Version 1.7.0 has just been released which should solve the playback issues. Please let me know if you see any problems.

Changes in this release:
  • Playback fixes
  • Use better quality images for album art (thanks nmunson)
  • Portuguese and Portuguese (Brazil) translations (thanks iurifq)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28