Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Hi,

I did try this on Macosx, and its working.

I think its related to my OpenElec version.

Thanks for your help
(2014-12-25, 04:29)desperado77 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your help, I tried what you suggest but I still get the same error :
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'> Error Contents: No module named distutils.version

I had the same issue, mate. I'm using Openelec 4.97.3 and latest rdio-xbmc add-on can't find distutils module.
While I was waiting when author can fix this properly, I did the workaround which helped me to solve this issue for now. I'm not a developer, so I don't know where is the source of that issue. I just removed the distutils.version call and sent constant to the __version__. It works.

You have to rewrite the /resources/lib/oauth2/_version.py using this code instead original:

Quote:# This is the version of this source code.

manual_verstr = "1.5"

auto_build_num = "211"

verstr = manual_verstr + "." + auto_build_num

__version__ = manual_verstr

..also you have to delete /resources/lib/oauth2/_version.pyo just in case.
Thanks mate, its working now.
Thank you irsy! That worked for my OpenELEC 5.0.

ampedandwired, can you please build this into your next update?
Hi Guys, will release an update in the next week or so, and will look into this for you. I'm migrating the plugin to the official XBMC repo too.
hi,
i use the ipad app and i have made some playlists and i have add some artists to "favorites". within xbmc the playlists working fine but i cant see the "favorites"/artists. is there anything i can do or is this not supported by the add-on?
(2015-01-05, 14:26)Ed76 Wrote: [ -> ]hi,
i use the ipad app and i have made some playlists and i have add some artists to "favorites". within xbmc the playlists working fine but i cant see the "favorites"/artists. is there anything i can do or is this not supported by the add-on?

Rdio have changed things around a bit since I originally developed this plugin. Originally you added albums and tracks to your "Collection", but now Rdio has rebranded this as "Favorites" and allowed you to add artists to it too (see http://help.rdio.com/customer/portal/art...-favorites). I'll have a look at the impact of this and see how it can be best supported in this plugin.

(2015-01-01, 19:09)vijayk416 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you irsy! That worked for my OpenELEC 5.0.

ampedandwired, can you please build this into your next update?

@vijayk416 @irsy I have submitted a new version of this plugin to the official Kodi repo which will hopefully get accepted soon. In this version I am using the oauth2 module that ships with Kodi, rather than bundling it with the plugin. This may resolve your distutils issue with OpenELEC, if not I'll investigate further.
Hi Ampedandwired,

Thanks for this update.

I just tested the Github version (1.14.1), unfortunately its not working for me, here is the error i am getting :

Code:
20:44:48 T:2679051328  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:44:49 T:2679051328   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named pyamf.remoting.client
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.rdio/rdioplugin.py", line 36, in <module>
                                                from rdioxbmc import RdioApi, RdioAuthenticationException
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.rdio/rdioxbmc.py", line 24, in <module>
                                                from pyamf.remoting.client import RemotingService
                                            ImportError: No module named pyamf.remoting.client
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
20:44:49 T:3042799616   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.rdio/
20:44:49 T:3042799616   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.rdio/) failed
(2015-01-06, 04:01)desperado77 Wrote: [ -> ]I just tested the Github version (1.14.1), unfortunately its not working for me, here is the error i am getting :

Cool thanks for trying it out.

This error indicates that the pyamf module can't be found. Prior to 1.14.1 this module was bundled as part of the rdio plugin. As of 1.14.1 the rdio plugin instead uses the pyamf version that is available from the official Kodi addon repo. It's declared as a dependency, which means that Kodi *should* install it automatically when the Rdio plugin is installed. Have a look in your <kodi_home>/addons directory. Is there a directory named "script.module.pyamf"? If not, this is what is causing your error.

How did you install 1.14.1 of this plugin? Did you simply unzip it into your addons directory? Or did you go through the Kodi UI "Install from zip file" option?
(2015-01-06, 03:16)ampedandwired Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Ed76' pid='1881759' dateline='1420460783']
hi,

Rdio have changed things around a bit since I originally developed this plugin. Originally you added albums and tracks to your "Collection", but now Rdio has rebranded this as "Favorites" and allowed you to add artists to it too (see http://help.rdio.com/customer/portal/art...-favorites). I'll have a look at the impact of this and see how it can be best supported in this plugin.

Thank you!
I extracted via zip and 1-2 additional modules enabled but still no go on Openelec 5.00
What error are you getting? Is it the "No module named distutils.version" error or something else?
(2015-01-07, 03:58)ampedandwired Wrote: [ -> ]What error are you getting? Is it the "No module named distutils.version" error or something else?

Hi ampedandwired,

Today I got the update of rdio add-on to the version 1.14.1. I got it through the kodi repository. Two additional modules were installed together with rdio:
- oauth2-1.5.211
- httplib2-0.8.0

I'm using Openelec 5.0.0 official build for Raspberry Pi.

And yes, I can confirm, this is still the issue with distutils. But now it's just in external module script.module.oauth2.
Please see the log below:

Code:
21:18:44 T:2716668992  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:18:49 T:2716668992   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named distutils.version
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.rdio/rdioplugin.py", line 36, in <module>
                                                from rdioxbmc import RdioApi, RdioAuthenticationException
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.rdio/rdioxbmc.py", line 27, in <module>
                                                from rdioapi import Rdio, RdioProtocolException, RdioAPIException
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.rdio/resources/lib/rdioapi/__init__.py", line 34, in <module>
                                                import oauth2 as oauth
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.oauth2/lib/oauth2/__init__.py", line 48, in <module>
                                                import _version
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.oauth2/lib/oauth2/_version.py", line 17, in <module>
                                                from distutils.version import LooseVersion as distutils_Version
                                            ImportError: No module named distutils.version
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:18:49 T:3042627584   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.rdio/
21:18:49 T:3042627584   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.rdio/) failed

I guess distutils module was removed from Openelec by developers.
(2015-01-10, 02:45)irsy Wrote: [ -> ]And yes, I can confirm, this is still the issue with distutils. But now it's just in external module script.module.oauth2.
I guess distutils module was removed from Openelec by developers.

Did some searching, and yes it appears that distutils has been removed from OpenElec 5.0:
http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/7442...or-flexget
http://discuss.flexget.com/t/how-to-inst...-5-0/751/6

I don't really have much control over this so I'd suggest taking it up on an OpenElec forum. Basically you need to install either distutils or ensure that the "pyutil" package is available.

One workaround that might work is downloading pyutil-2.0.0.tar.gz from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyutil and unzipping it into <kodi_home/addons/plugin.audio.rdio/lib. If you try this let me know if it works.
Just to let you all know, this plugin is now being distributed through the official Kodi repository.

If you previously added the "ampedandwired" repo and installed the plugin from there, then this should be seamless - the new version (1.14.1) should automatically be picked up from the official repo and installed. You can now remove the "ampedandwired" repo from your installation.

If you previously installed this plugin from a zip file I don't think you'll be upgraded automatically. I'd suggest adding the plugin from the official repo and copying your old settings.xml across from the zip version.

I had to make a few changes to the Python dependencies to get the plugin into the official repo, so let me know if you experience any issues with this new version.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28