Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Is there a way to create playlists and maybe play them in random or party mode with this addon? I notice a playlists option in the addon's main menu, but I can't figure out how to add songs to a playlist.

Is this something I can only do on the Rdio website, as with the Pandora addon I can only create stations outside of XBMC?
You can't add items to playlists... yet. The "playlists" option in the menu is only for browsing and playing your current playlists. You need to use the Rdio web UI to actually create/modify them. I'll probably look at adding this capability sometime though, but not sure yet how to do it so the user interface makes sense.

You can still play your playlist in random order though - just select the "shuffle" option in the XBMC player then start playing the first song in the playlist... the playlist should then play in a random order.
Minor release 1.3.5 pushed today. Update to use https to get playback info securely so as to protect the Rdio cookie. Thanks again to danmarwas for pointing this out.
Did a fresh install of XBMC on my netbook to try a portable option. Can"t install the repo now. Does the link need to be updated possibly?

EDIT : Never mind. It just took like 6 tries. Thanks for the update
OK. I'm having the same problem as before with login info.
Started a new Rdio account for my father and Installed XBMC with Rdio addon on his laptop and all works well.
Then, installed XBMC with Rdio addon on the PC in his den. Input the info in settings and he gets an error logging into Rdio.
It still works on the laptop, but not on the second PC.

Will send log if necessary, but I assume it will come out the same as the last one. This has to be an issue with the plugin or XBMC itself.
Is the error message the same as before (Invalid password)? If so, you're probably right, the logs won't likely tell us anything more. Do you have any characters in the Rdio username and/or password that are NOT letters/numbers or which are not standard English characters? Assuming not, to debug this further I think you'll have to actually edit the plugin source a bit yourself to add some extra debug info. Could you do the following for me:

1. FInd the following file and open it in a text editor: <xbmc_home>/addons/plugin.audio.rdio/rdioxbmc.py
2. Find the following line:

self._addon.log_notice("Logging in to Rdio using URL %s" % (login_url))

and add the following line below it:

self._addon.log_notice("Logging in to Rdio using username %s and password %s" % (username, password))

3. Try to log in again through the plugin
4. Have a look at the XBMC log file and find the log line above with the username and password - verify that these are correct. Do NOT post this log to the forum!
5. Be sure to remove the line that you added in rdioxbmc.py so that you don't accidentally post your password to the forums in the future Smile

This will verify that the username/password are actually being read properly from the XBMC settigns. Let me know the results. Based on the results we'll try a few other things after.
Thanks again for getting back to me. I will have time in the next few days to look into it and I will let you know.
I'm getting the exact same error. I've entered all the info correctly but keep getting a 'failed to authenticate' error message when clicking on Login.

Correction: I got it working by entering the info in setting.xml. somehow it was not working with the addon setting ui
something is wrong with rdio. i'm getting script error on my atv2 and windows. any fix?
hi ampedandwired,

first of all, thanks for the plugin. it's awesome to listen rdio on xbmc. is there a way i can pay you a beer?

i'm using rdio addon since last friday, but yesterday i started to experiencing problems to play songs. i've checked the log and i see there is no auth problems, also, i can browse my collection/playlists or perform searches. the problem happen only at play moment.

i've checked here in the the forum, but the solutions provided here for the 'no play' problem didn't worked to me. also, i've removed and re-install the addon, but the problem still persist.

i'm running eden release, from xbmcbuntu distro. here is a piece of my xbmc.log file that happen when i hit play.

thanks! Smile

Code:
21:05:33 T:2900781936  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:05:33 T:2900781936  NOTICE: CommonFunctions-1.1.0
21:05:33 T:2900781936  NOTICE: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.rdio/
21:05:33 T:2900781936  NOTICE: Rdio: Executing Rdio 1.3.5 addon operation play with params {'play': 'True', 'mode': 'play', 'key': 't2326489'}
21:05:34 T:2900781936   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.Exception'>
21:05:34 T:2900781936   ERROR: Error Contents: Failed to get playback info
21:05:34 T:2900781936   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.rdio/rdioplugin.py", line 434, in <module>
                                                XbmcRdioOperation(addon).execute()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.rdio/rdioplugin.py", line 426, in execute
                                                handler(**self._addon.queries)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.rdio/rdioplugin.py", line 356, in play
                                                stream_url = self._rdio_api.resolve_playback_url(key)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.rdio/rdioxbmc.py", line 155, in resolve_playback_url
                                                raise Exception, 'Failed to get playback info'
                                            Exception: Failed to get playback info
21:05:34 T:3043477248   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 7, path [plugin://plugin.audio.rdio/?play=True&mode=play&key=t2326489]
Yes still getting script error after trying suggestions above any help please.
I get the same errors. Has anyone figured out the problem?
Any news on this plug?
Yeah, I'm getting the same thing. Looking into it...
New version 1.3.6 released with a fix. Rdio updated their flash player and changed one of the playback parameters which caused the plugin to fail. They've also started to obfuscate their player code which makes things hard to figure out. Think it's only a matter of time before it becomes impossible, but hopefully they'll release their HTML5 playback API before then :/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28