Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc eden 1080p dxva2/dxva issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, first of all I want to say thanks for all the hard work from all the developers for XBMC over the years!

So here's my issue,

specs:
Gigabyte Z67MA-D2H-MA
i3-2100
GT 430 latest drivers and DirectX is up-to-date - Only output (HDMI) to TV is being used
Audio coming through onboard optical to DTS/DD capable receiver
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Pro x86 (all drivers are up-to-date along with up-to-date ver10 BIOS)

I have tried this setup with the same issue with the onboard graphics enabled and disabled through BIOS (with both Intel Graphics drivers installed and not installed)

It seems that when I try to enable hardware decoding DXVA2/DXVA in Eden's video settings I get double video streams playing across the top half of my monitor.

Files are being streamed over Cat5e using SMB from my PC (running windows 7 pro x64) in the back of the house. SD content works fine. I do have weird glitches with XBMC after watching a movie (using decoders that are not DXVA) which show up around 30 minutes to sometimes 2 hours into a movie. The video will completely stop but the audio will continue to work.

I'm wondering if anyone has any possible troubleshooting tips I could take, please and thank you?

enable debug logging and post a log via pastebin link. prob the fastest way to get help
Don't know if you got this fixed but I had the same problem. I fixed it by changing the display mode. Make sure you have "use a fullscreen window rather than true screen" ticked under settings>system cache and hardware>video output. Hope this helps.
(2012-06-12, 07:41)supermax Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know if you got this fixed but I had the same problem. I fixed it by changing the display mode. Make sure you have "use a fullscreen window rather than true screen" ticked under settings>system cache and hardware>video output. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much.

That seems to have fixed my issue.
(2012-06-12, 07:41)supermax Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know if you got this fixed but I had the same problem. I fixed it by changing the display mode. Make sure you have "use a fullscreen window rather than true screen" ticked under settings>system cache and hardware>video output. Hope this helps.

Most of the devs don't recommend using fullscreen window since image quality suffers.

My understanding is the problem sjestus posted is a bug exhibited with NVidia + iCore + DXVA ... I switched from Core2Duo + AMD to NVidia + iCore and had the same exact problem.

Turning off DXVA - this eliminates the issue you are seeing and there is no advantage to using DXVA with an i3 anyway (unless you are doing a ton of background processing for something other than XBMC).
Yeah well Full screen rather than true full screen doesn't work for me.

On 11.0 EDEN 1080p, 720p etc works fine.
On 12.0 RC3 Frodo, 1080p, 720p and even 480p videos are choppy slow and just plain unwatchable. changes all setting; Tried the fullscreen, tried render mode in all settings and even Auto and nothing works.

Went back to 11.0 Eden and its all sweet. Hopefully when the minor bugs in 12.0rc3 get fixed this problem will too.

Anyone have any insight to this?

Specs:

MB: EVGA x58 Classified
RAM: 24GB G-Skill Trident @2000Mhz 7-7-7-21
GPU: 3x GTX680's
CPU: i7 980X @5.2Ghz
HDD 4x Corsair Force Series 3 120Gb in Raid 0
HDD: 9x WD Black 2TB mechanical HDD's

I know my specs are Ok so it must be a software or codec or driver issue.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP. Frodo final is around the corner and I'm still having this issue.

Thanking you all for your time.
can anyone post answer. I have same problem.
Unless I've missed something else from your issues, the only thing neither of you have tried is switching off DXVA from System/Settings/Video/Playback. uncheck 'Allow hardware acceleration' (which was the solution in June, provided by Livin and remains the solution). Intel chips and dxva don't work well in xbmc.

Other 'choppy' issues. may be a result of incorrect audio settings (in addition to the dxva issue) - see the sticky at the top of the windows section for advice.
(2013-01-19, 01:21)steelman1991 Wrote: [ -> ]Unless I've missed something else from your issues, the only thing neither of you have tried is switching off DXVA from System/Settings/Video/Playback. uncheck 'Allow hardware acceleration' (which was the solution in June, provided by Livin and remains the solution). Intel chips and dxva don't work well in xbmc.

Other 'choppy' issues. may be a result of incorrect audio settings (in addition to the dxva issue) - see the sticky at the top of the windows section for advice.

NEGATIVE, tried it all; Eden 11.0 Works Perfect, but for some reason FRODO 12.0 stutters and is just plain UNPLAYABLE.
Same issue here..Eden 11.0 worked fine, but Frodo 12.0 is lagging on all vids... F'in frustrating!!
Same here, with Frodo 12.1 720 does not have this issue only 1080P for me. Video will pause for a split sec.