Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video & Audio Lookup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've imported MKV files (labeled properly) and my iTunes library (in Apple lossless). However, all I see are the file names, not the appropriate titles, pretty album covers, dvd covers, and photos.

How do I have it lookup the data? I thought it would do it upon opening and closing XBMC, but nothing.

Will it do it automatically for the Windows version?
It's the same regardless of OS. See Adding videos to the library (wiki).
Thanks Ned.

I saw that page of the Wiki, but didn't notice the sub-topics to the right until now.

So I need to add 3rd party software for the naming such as something below?

Supplemental tools

Here are some supplemental tools/applications that can assist in renaming files, general file organization, manual data entry, and more:
TheRenamer - Windows
FileBot - all platforms. launched via Java Web Start. No manual download or installation required.
Ember Media Manager - Windows
ViMediaManager - Mac OS X
Add-on:XWMM - all platforms. Allows you to edit library entires from a web browser.
Depends on how many files need to be renamed. Personally I don't need one, but I only add a few movies at a time to my library, so if I have to edit the file names it isn't a big deal. Sometimes XBMC will even pick up on file names even if you don't clean them up (like if they have extra stuff in them about the format, etc).
I would be doing a couple at a time so I could manually rename, but how do I pull the pics and other data? I don't see anywhere that I can do this.
...follow the next steps in the wiki guide...