Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's a development repository which you use. Wink

New stable version 2.1.1 available in my development repository.
  • Google Maps reintroduced
  • Load/Save Filter Wizard settings
  • Date period support in Filter Wizard
  • Sort by date now possible with sort by play count. This includes also the timestamp.
  • Global search repaired
  • Store filenames to exclude from scan in add-on settings
  • Latest language files from Transifex
Have been busy tagging my collection and deciding the best approach for it.

I loaded this new version:
One global observation (correct me if wrong). it only works completely correct when confluence skin (default) is avtive.

When saving a filter would it be possible to show the (active) filter the same way as you do when loading a filter?

When selecting in the filter wizard 1 keyword and 1 title without selecting "match all tags" it shows only the picture which has both tags. Am I failing to understand something? Shouldnt the wizard show all pictures with the title AND all pictures with the keyword (keyword OR title)? I dont know if it is a global issue.

The date period (YYYY-MM) works fine, but I still come back to a previous observation that the list would be long, thus the date period option is superb.
Only when starting the Filter wizard, the label for selecting a date period states "Start date of the data range". This is a bit confusing, maybe a label like "Specify date range" would be more appropriate.

When selecting collections it only allows me to create a selection, name it and then nothing. I suppose you are still working on that.
(2013-03-14, 09:47)greeknl Wrote: [ -> ]One global observation (correct me if wrong). it only works completely correct when confluence skin (default) is avtive.
Then it's bug with your used skin. So please report it in the appropriate skin thread.

(2013-03-14, 09:47)greeknl Wrote: [ -> ]Only when starting the Filter wizard, the label for selecting a date period states "Start date of the data range". This is a bit confusing, maybe a label like "Specify date range" would be more appropriate.
I was too lazy to create a new language entry. Therefore I used an existing one

(2013-03-14, 09:47)greeknl Wrote: [ -> ]When selecting collections it only allows me to create a selection, name it and then nothing. I suppose you are still working on that.
You can add picture to the collection with the context menu. Select a picture and press "C".
I added this also in previous post, but will repeat it as you already answered some other.

When selecting in the filter wizard 1 keyword and 1 title without selecting "match all tags" it shows only the picture which has both tags. Am I failing to understand something? Shouldnt the wizard show all pictures with the title AND all pictures with the keyword (keyword OR title)? I dont know if it is a global issue.
Or if this is supposed to happen, can you explain what rules you use in the filter wizard?
Match all tags off:
(keyword1 OR keyword2 OR keyword2) and (person1 OR person2) and (title1 OR title2)
Example: See pictures from last holiday in spain with child1 or child2

Match all tags on:
(keyword1 AND keyword2 AND keyword2) and (person1 AND person2) and (title1 AND title12)
Example: See pictures from last holiday in spain with child1 AND child2
Ok, makes sense.
thank you

I guess it would be an impossible task to display the pictures for lets say:
(person1 AND person2) AND (keyword1 OR keyword2) -> all pictures of me together with my wife in Paris 2011 and all pictures of me together with my wife in London 2009
Release status:
If I don't get any bug reports then I'll send a pull request next week to XBMC team to add the new version to official repository.
(I'll change the text to "Specify date range")

Next release:
Will be a complete rewrite of the source code handling the DB with the purpose to support MySql.
I found "script.module.myconnpy" and hope that this really works.

Picture sets and a disjunction of several stored Filter Wizard settings is on my task list.

Then you can store 2 filters:
1) (person1 AND person2) AND keyword1
2) (person1 AND person2) AND keyword2

and afterwards combine them to
( (person1 AND person2) AND keyword1 ) OR (person1 AND person2) AND keyword2 )
Hello again,

well I progress gradually and slowly Big Grin

I use C and Matlab (in an old time Basic, Pascal and Turbo Pascal Tongue) and it's not easy to use Python Confused
Great language but with many functions and a philosophy to understand.I take a moment to see the main program is default.py and not in ressources folders Big Grin I think my head's going to explode at any moment!

For the moment, I add in collection the item 'Import Album from Picassa Xml', I open Xml file and i take the name of the collection.
I can also take the name of the pictures.

My answer is : how can I locate the pathname and the filename in MPDB databate just with the filename. I don't want to add pictures with XML, just see if a filename exist, and if it is put it in the collection (with pathname).

I think also the 20 lines I begin to write are not optimised Smile

[EDIT]
I think the request is:
filelist = [row for row in MPDB.Request( """SELECT strPath,strFilename FROM files""")]

but with a filename, how to find it in the filelist and recup also the filepath.
If you only want to test the existence of the file, why don't you use:
Code:
count = MPDB.RequestWithBinds("select count(*) from files where strFilename = ? and strPath = ? ", (os.path.basename(VarWithFullPathToPicture ), os.path.dirname(VarWithFullPathToPicture ) ) )[0][0]
os.path.basename gives the filename and os.path.dirname the complete path without the filename.
Thanks !

I'm not sure to completely understand your code, but if I understand, VarWithFullPathToPicture join path and the filename of the picture.

Using, the xml I just recup the filename.
I'm not sure to realise a good explanation. In the xml, I get the name of the collection, then names of pictures.
If a found 'toto.jpg' I would like to find in the databe the name and the path. I have not the path for the picture.
Newbie questions:

1) I understand how to add a single pic to a collection, but Is there a way to add multiple pics to a collection? It's so laborious to add one at a time.

2) Is there a way to add a collection to the Pictures submenu in Aeon Nox and have it play when selected?

3) When selecting Recursive from the QuickConfig panel I'm prompted to "input a title for the new collection" rather than simply playing the slideshow as expected. Pressing Esc without entering anything plays the slideshow as desired. Is this by design?
(2013-03-20, 17:44)CaptainKen Wrote: [ -> ]1) I understand how to add a single pic to a collection, but Is there a way to add multiple pics to a collection? It's so laborious to add one at a time.
In XBMC there is no possiblity to select multiple items at once.

(2013-03-20, 17:44)CaptainKen Wrote: [ -> ]2) Is there a way to add a collection to the Pictures submenu in Aeon Nox and have it play when selected?
No

(2013-03-20, 17:44)CaptainKen Wrote: [ -> ]3) When selecting Recursive from the QuickConfig panel I'm prompted to "input a title for the new collection" rather than simply playing the slideshow as expected. Pressing Esc without entering anything plays the slideshow as desired. Is this by design?

Selecting the slideshow activates the active menu item. In your case this the "Create new collection" menu.
You can only start a slideshow when the list shows pictures but not in the main menus of MyPicsDB.
(2013-03-20, 21:29)Xycl Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-20, 17:44)CaptainKen Wrote: [ -> ]1) I understand how to add a single pic to a collection, but Is there a way to add multiple pics to a collection? It's so laborious to add one at a time.
In XBMC there is no possiblity to select multiple items at once.

(2013-03-20, 17:44)CaptainKen Wrote: [ -> ]2) Is there a way to add a collection to the Pictures submenu in Aeon Nox and have it play when selected?
No

(2013-03-20, 17:44)CaptainKen Wrote: [ -> ]3) When selecting Recursive from the QuickConfig panel I'm prompted to "input a title for the new collection" rather than simply playing the slideshow as expected. Pressing Esc without entering anything plays the slideshow as desired. Is this by design?

Selecting the slideshow activates the active menu item. In your case this the "Create new collection" menu.
You can only start a slideshow when the list shows pictures but not in the main menus of MyPicsDB.

Oh well, it's nice to dream sometimes.

Thank you Xycl.
In the last relase you sent, I try the xml import. It didn't work.
I searched but I don't find the reason.
The xml file seems to be read correctly, 'filename', 'pathname' too.

filenames are not in the database.
I uncomment "dialog.ok("", 'File "%s" doesn\'t exist in DB'%filename)" in the except part and the dialog window is actived.

I comment
#id_file = MPDB.RequestWithBinds("""select idFile from files where strFilename = ? and strPath = ? """, (filename, pathname ) )[0][0]
to force the 'try' command and also MPDB.collection_add_pic execution and after when I go to the new collection, no picture appears.

I you are agree and if you want, I can realise a zip package with one picture and an associated xml file.
Yes, create a zip file and send me a PM with the location.
And the picture must be in
Code:
<itemOriginalPath>
        c:\users\herve\pictures\2013............
</itemOriginalPath>