Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

now that I switched from NAS (Intel Atom) to Windows Server (Intel I3) I tried out MyPicsDb again with mysql-database and performance is much better. However, I still have a problem with the feature I need most: star rating filter. If I set the filter to anything else but "0" MyPicsDB ist not displaying any pictures for me anymore. All folders are shown as empty. If I set the star rating filter to "0" I can see all the pictures. But I would like to able to only select the best once. All my pictures are star rated. Rating is shown in EXIF and XMP tags. Windows Explorer s doing just fine with it. So the problem should not be caused by the picrures.

Another thing: Currently it seems you can only set a fixed star rating filter in the options menu of MyPicsDB. It would be nicer if you could select the type of pictures to be displayed within the addon. Sometimes I want to only see pictures rated "4 stars or better" , sometimes I want to have all fotos with "3 stars or better" rating. It depends on my audience and the time we have available for the foto show. Best thing would be to be able to quickly adjust this filter when diplaying the content of a folder or a specific set of fotos.

I think star rating is a very important feature because you usually shoot a lot of pictures during any kind of event or vacation and you also want to keep most of them afterwards. But you usually do not want to display all of them later on to your audience - just the best. Star rating gives you the option to handle this problem and adjust the amout of pictures you would like to display in certain steps which you can define yourself by the rating of the pictures.

Brgds,

FantasticN
(2014-10-24, 13:58)Xycl Wrote: [ -> ]Currently I don't have the time to do it.

Where can we download the previous version of this plugin? I too use it on Aeon Nox and this version breaks the live pictures background.
(2014-11-01, 16:35)ShadowTek Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-24, 13:58)Xycl Wrote: [ -> ]Currently I don't have the time to do it.

Where can we download the previous version of this plugin? I too use it on Aeon Nox and this version breaks the live pictures background.

Phil told us that the skinners changed the way they embed widgets. MyPicsDB didn't change anything.
(2014-11-01, 14:44)fantasticn Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

now that I switched from NAS (Intel Atom) to Windows Server (Intel I3) I tried out MyPicsDb again with mysql-database and performance is much better. However, I still have a problem with the feature I need most: star rating filter. If I set the filter to anything else but "0" MyPicsDB ist not displaying any pictures for me anymore. All folders are shown as empty. If I set the star rating filter to "0" I can see all the pictures. But I would like to able to only select the best once. All my pictures are star rated. Rating is shown in EXIF and XMP tags. Windows Explorer s doing just fine with it. So the problem should not be caused by the picrures.

Another thing: Currently it seems you can only set a fixed star rating filter in the options menu of MyPicsDB. It would be nicer if you could select the type of pictures to be displayed within the addon. Sometimes I want to only see pictures rated "4 stars or better" , sometimes I want to have all fotos with "3 stars or better" rating. It depends on my audience and the time we have available for the foto show. Best thing would be to be able to quickly adjust this filter when diplaying the content of a folder or a specific set of fotos.

I think star rating is a very important feature because you usually shoot a lot of pictures during any kind of event or vacation and you also want to keep most of them afterwards. But you usually do not want to display all of them later on to your audience - just the best. Star rating gives you the option to handle this problem and adjust the amout of pictures you would like to display in certain steps which you can define yourself by the rating of the pictures.

Brgds,

FantasticN

Please use the filter wizard. There you can select e.g. pictures with a star rating of 3,4 and 5 stars.
Thanks for the hint. That would make it a little easier to select pictures with different ratings as individually required, even though I would still prefer an even quicker way when displaying a set of pictures (e.g. being in an album). Anyway, in may case it does not work either. The filter wizard just shows me 300 Pictures with ratings from about 60.000(!). Seems MyPicsDB does not recognize the ratings of my pictures.

Brgds,

FantasticN
(2014-11-04, 11:01)fantasticn Wrote: [ -> ]Seems MyPicsDB does not recognize the ratings of my pictures.
This is quite sure.
Pls send me a PM with a link to one of the pictures with a rating which is not recognized by MyPicsDB.
Okay, then just not.

Nevertheless there is a new MyPicsDB release with an improved star rating filter.
Hi Xycl,

sorry for not comming back to you earlier. But this was a very stressful week in the office and at home I also had to reconfigure all my four media PC because the update to Kodi 14 Helix Beta 1 and 2 did not work out well (addons not working, new skin necessary etc.). I also setup MyPicturesDB another time, but with the same result. It shows 65000 Pictures but only 320(!) with ratings, even though actually ALL my fotos do have ratings. It also seems that all other filters show less available pictures than they should. So maybe all their tags are not scanned properly.

I'm gonna send you a pm with some pictures. But I will first have to resize them slightly not be too large for sending.

Btw: What exactly did you change in the most recent version of MyPicsDB as to the star rating filter?

Best regards and thanks for your support!

FantasticN!
New Release 13.0.7:

Bug fixed introduced with star rating filter conditions.

(2014-11-16, 19:56)fantasticn Wrote: [ -> ]Best regards and thanks for your support!

Hi FantasticN,

the former star rating filter was inefficient because it drops the pictures without a sufficient rating after selecting them from database.
That means all pictures were loaded, regardless of their rating.
Now all database selects have a rating condition wich is big performance improvement in case of large picture sources.

Xycl
Hi all,

Hi hope someone can shed some light on whats happening, I'm not sure if i should be posting here or elsewhere in the forum? I'm using ubuntu 14.04 LTS with XBMC Gotham on my HTPC. i've just installed My Pictures Database addon and everything looks great apart from when i try and view video recordings, e.g Videos that i have captured on phones etc.

They play great, but for some reason I lose complete control of my remote control (which is a Harmony 1100 using a flirc USB reciever) & my keyboard which again is connected via USB. The Mouse however works and is again connected via USB. Even when i exit the addon to the XBMC main screen/menu the remote/keyboard is non responsive and i have to shutdown XBMC.

The Remote & keyboard works fine when playing any other media e.g movies or music and even works in the addon when viewing photos.

Any idea whats going on here? any help greatfully received

I've attached my log, below.

http://tny.cz/8a1a8567

Kind regards

Ash
Hi AshG,

I never heared about this behavior.

Xycl
(2014-11-21, 13:43)Xycl Wrote: [ -> ]Hi AshG,

I never heared about this behavior.

Xycl

Hi xycl - no problem, it's strange, jus wondered if anyone else had run into this problem. I'm thinking may there's an add on that I may have installed thats messing with it...
Hello!
I am new to this forum, so I am not sure if this is the right place to report this, but I've noticed something interesting. If you choose to browse photos by year, it would show a list of years with the number of photos next to it. However, I think it would be awesome if there was another category called "Unknown date"? I have a few hundred photos without EXIF info and they don't appear in this view at all.

Also, do you think it would be possible to browse photos by year, then month and then day? And to see thumbnails instead of a list of photos? Smile It may depend on the skin, but I am basically throwing ideas.

I am looking for a good solution to browse photos on my TV and your plugin is the closest thing I was able to find, but it's still not exactly what I am looking for Wink.

Thanks!
(2014-12-08, 22:35)wjarka Wrote: [ -> ]... I think it would be awesome if there was another category called "Unknown date"?
Possible with latest release.

(2014-12-08, 22:35)wjarka Wrote: [ -> ]Also, do you think it would be possible to browse photos by year, then month and then day?
Already possible

(2014-12-08, 22:35)wjarka Wrote: [ -> ]And to see thumbnails instead of a list of photos? Smile It may depend on the skin, but I am basically throwing ideas.
You can change the view type. Possible types depend on used skin.
Thanks for your reply! I will check this in the evening and get back to you.

I *think* I have the latest release, though, because I installed it last weekend, but I will make sure.