Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC in Casa 400 Hotel Amsterdam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-10-12, 18:29)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]If a sponsor doesn't respect the GPL then we drop them as a sponsor. Same with any companies that deal with XBMC devs individually and not officially with the Foundation; we make sure they abide by the license.

While I'm not a big fan of GPL v3 (it's not all bad, but there are certain parts that I think hurt open source software more than it helps), I think it should be enforced when it's used. Generally speaking, I'm a big fan of the GPL and other open source licenses, as well as things like creative commons on images, media, and text. Others on Team XBMC are even more passionate about it, and wouldn't stand us doing business with a company that didn't respect those values.

If you want us to be more transparent about this, that's fine, but having our core values constantly questioned by you gets a little tiring. The reason we get a little short with you is because we knew you were going to steer the conversation in this direction from a mile away.

I brought those core values to the attention, years before you where even member of this community (where do you come from anyway?). While those values where discussed into bylaws from the start of this foundation there was nothing public and I was banned. What do you think...

So you can bring in the whole SFLC to represent, but if the core values (in this case simple questions about your sponsors) aren't right you are not a good steward. Why? Unresolved issues about core values.

i.e. I heart JMArshall talk about openess 3 years ago and nothing happened. Do you see any bylaws, letter of incooporation?

Rest my case.
Right well I'll go to the standard reply and lock this thread since its about to get way off topic

No one pays us to do this stuff we all do it in our free time. And too that point what we choose to do with our free time is up to us and until it is illegal not to actually do something it will get done when someone decides they are good and ready too do it not when its demanded by other people. If you don't like that go bug another group that actually get paid for their work
Keep it up Robotica and I'll ban you again like I did last time.
Pages: 1 2 3