Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: cant seem to compile since june 1st any new build deps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey ive been building from git/svn for years now but all this month it always crashes around xbmc/utils/* am i missing a build dep i have tinyxml

heres a snippit from terminal

CC xbmc/utils/fastmemcpy.o
CC xbmc/utils/fstrcmp.o
CC xbmc/utils/fastmemcpy-arm.o
AR xbmc/utils/utils.a
root@linux-htpc:/

see it just is chuggin' along then drops out to command prompt. kinda confused, no error or anything
bump.

am i the only one having this issue. i feel dumb compiling nightlies has become such a regular thing i havent had to read any how tos for a long time has the process changed?
Just check the readme on github for build deps. They are all listed there.
yeah i know, i'm still having issues. think it has something to do with airplay/airtunes (even though i dont use em) gonna try disabling then recompiling
libshairport was bumped. (airtunes). But you should get a compile error in that case which exactly points you to shairport... Maybe a make clean helps here.
ok if i dsable airtunes it compiles? so what do i need to do to enable airtunes and compile i dont know what you mean by bumped? do i need to get a new version of libshairport or whatever its called

ps. i always do a a make clean make distclean and git clean -xfd

so why does it only work if i set --disable-airtunes as one of the options for ./configure
you need to make/install the included libshairport in lib/libshairport.
oh like how you make install libnfs, why is it like this all of a sudden, should i be building all teh libs in here? why are some build by default and some not