Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Which is the correct Eden download with Audio Fix?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was following this thread a while ago as I was also experiencing the distorted audio with my setup.

After rebuilding (reinstalled everything from a formatted hard drive) the Mac mini I'm looking to get Eden up and running again (currently running Dharma perfectly). Big Grin

But, the link to the "fixed" test build referenced in that closed thread is no longer valid. Confused

Downloading the official 11.0 release is not an option due to that audio problem, and I'm not sure which nightly I should download to ensure the fix is included and the build is stable enough (I know they're not meant to be stable, but I appear to be stuck between a rock and a hard place).

Would the 12.0 alpha releases be any better? Huh

Any advice?

I could download and try various releases myself, but I though I'd take the lazy approach first Tongue and hopefully, if the correct download is identified, this could be pinned for other Mac users, or incorporated into an "11.1" release.

Cheers.
Try the Eden build i compiled, i've been using it ever since and it has worked perfectly fine for me.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6561811/OSX_XBMC...sorfix.zip

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=130158
Thanks toiva, I was going to give yours a shot if I couldn't get any other responses.

Ned, thanks for reaffirming my Monthly build query - Why are they labelled as version 12/Frodo? Are they still technically version 11/Eden?

I was hoping to find an "official" stable build lurking somewhere, such as a "version 11.1" as with what happened with Dharma. Do you think this is likely?

I'll have a crack with the Monthlies later, I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the build process before I start breaking my setup again.
I don't expect to see an official build this late after Eden launch. Even the testbuild5 linked by Davilla in the anorher thread was based on nightly builds.
@toiva

Many thanks, OS X nighties are a little bumpy ATM.
After trawling the forums posts I've decided to use your build, toiva.

It seems that even the Frodo build are have audio issues.

It's such a shame that the Eden release was flawed for OS X. I know the developers can't be expected to work miracles though - It was perfect apart from the audio problem.