Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Thanks Mossy - all working now, cheers for the awesome addon and all your hard work!
Hi,

I've got a raspberry pi using raspxbmc.

I'm using an openvpn client and that seems to be ok.

I am able to use bbciplayer and itv player. I have 4oD installed.

If I load up the player, I'm able to see thumb nails of shows and browse them but as soon as I try and browse I get a script error.

Here is the log.

http://pastebin.com/kLxMHjcx

All help appreciated. Thanks
You need to turn on debug logging on before creating the log. See the debug logging link in the first post.
I gave the latest version a test. I'm using a paid proxy requiring a username and password. I'm 99% certain this is not a socks proxy.

Therefore streams only work very rarely. I think they only work when I pick up a stream from limelight. Shame there was no way to force the plugin to use a certain server like with the iplayer plugin.

Thanks for the continued effort developing he plugin !
(2013-03-18, 05:30)apw2607 Wrote: [ -> ]Shame there was no way to force the plugin to use a certain server like with the iplayer plugin.

There is nothing I can do to get the plugin to do that.
@Mossy - the 3.09 is doing something strange with proxy settings.

When I set the proxy mode to "HTTP and RTMP" the rtmpdump command has the HTTP Proxy details following "--socks."

AFAIK, rtmpdump (and librtmp) can only use a SOCKS proxy, not an HTTP proxy, so you would need to have TWO settings for proxy server address, one for the HTTP proxy, one for the SOCKS proxy.

Also, I've never been able to make the "--socks" setting work with librtmp (only rtmpdump). I opened a bug for it ages ago, but it went nowhere....

D
Sorry here is my debug log

http://pastebin.com/QLXyGuHu

No change from my initial post - script failed.
(2013-03-19, 01:32)dlake02 Wrote: [ -> ]... you would need to have TWO settings for proxy server address, one for the HTTP proxy, one for the SOCKS proxy.

No, you just need to configure the plugin to use your SOCKS proxy.

"Take TWO proxies into the shower?" If your SOCKS proxy works with video streams why would you need a different proxy for http streams? Just wash'n'go.

dlake02 Wrote:Also, I've never been able to make the "--socks" setting work with librtmp (only rtmpdump). I opened a bug for it ages ago, but it went nowhere....

I had a look at the XBMC code, and XBMC just passes the url string to librtmp without any modifications just like rtmpdump does. It may be that something in XBMC is somehow overriding the proxy settings despite the fact that librtmp is getting the correct socks settings.

I'll look into it some more.

In the meantime you can try setting your proxy environment variable to the proxy, e.g. in Linux launch XBMC from the command line with http_proxy=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy xbmc. Probably won't work but worth a shot.

Also if you're able to download the streams fast enough, then you can start watching the downloaded file as soon as it starts to download, via the XBMC Videos menu . If your download speed is too slow it'll stop playing when it catches up with what you've download so far.
(2013-03-19, 05:21)upthehill Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry here is my debug log

http://pastebin.com/QLXyGuHu

No change from my initial post - script failed.

You're using an ancient version. See first post.
(2013-03-19, 16:24)Mossy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-19, 01:32)dlake02 Wrote: [ -> ]... you would need to have TWO settings for proxy server address, one for the HTTP proxy, one for the SOCKS proxy.

No, you just need to configure the plugin to use your SOCKS proxy.

"Take TWO proxies into the shower?" If your SOCKS proxy works with video streams why would you need a different proxy for http streams? Just wash'n'go.

dlake02 Wrote:Also, I've never been able to make the "--socks" setting work with librtmp (only rtmpdump). I opened a bug for it ages ago, but it went nowhere....

I had a look at the XBMC code, and XBMC just passes the url string to librtmp without any modifications just like rtmpdump does. It may be that something in XBMC is somehow overriding the proxy settings despite the fact that librtmp is getting the correct socks settings.

I'll look into it some more.

In the meantime you can try setting your proxy environment variable to the proxy, e.g. in Linux launch XBMC from the command line with http_proxy=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy xbmc. Probably won't work but worth a shot.

Also if you're able to download the streams fast enough, then you can start watching the downloaded file as soon as it starts to download, via the XBMC Videos menu . If your download speed is too slow it'll stop playing when it catches up with what you've download so far.

OK, so here goes...

1) Yes, I was being greedy :-) Only need one proxy. SOCKS it is.

2) If I select download, RTMPDUMP takes the "--socks" command and works just tickety-boo.

3) If I select play, the "--socks" option is punted to librtmp, but no doing.

So..... Wireshark time. librtmp is still ignoring the --socks setting passed to it.

I'll re-open my bug.

Thanks again !
Updating the plugin fixed it. Thanks for your help
@dlake

The problem is with the version of librtmp that XBMC installs. I tried compiling the latest librtmp source (from RTMP Dump 2.4) and used that to replace the installed version.

While I cannot directly test a socks proxy, it appears to work, in that

1. The log shows Connecting via SOCKS proxy:, which comes from librtmp
2. There is activity on the host:port that I specified.

[Wiki] How to update librtmp.

It's possible that re-installing RTMP Dump will install the required version of librtmp on Linux, I haven't tried that.
(2013-03-21, 00:56)Mossy Wrote: [ -> ]@dlake

The problem is with the version of librtmp that XBMC installs. I tried compiling the latest librtmp source (from RTMP Dump 2.4) and used that to replace the installed version.

While I cannot directly test a socks proxy, it appears to work, in that

1. The log shows Connecting via SOCKS proxy:, which comes from librtmp
2. There is activity on the host:port that I specified.

[Wiki] How to update librtmp.

It's possible that re-installing RTMP Dump will install the required version of librtmp on Linux, I haven't tried that.

Thanks - I'll give that a go. I'd assumed that the latest XBMC build would include the latest librtmp, but it appears not....

RTMPDump does not automatically update libtrmp.so - you have to manually copy that across, but that is straightforward. My issue is that I'm running XBMC 12 on RaspberryPI and trying to compile RTMPDump is slooooowwwww and heavy on memory.

But, I'll give it a go and report back Big Grin
I find that it takes about a minute to compile RTMPDump on a 450Mhz desktop with 50 or 60 megs of free ram. I don't know why it would take a long time on a Raspberry Pi.
Hi,

I have set up a vpn to watch uk tv from outside the uk and all works fine on my SMART TVs and PC for all UK channels (BBC, ITV, C4 & C5).
On an old TV in the bedroom I have a Raspberry Pi with raspbmc and it is configured to use the UK gateway as other devices do but ITV, C4 & C5 do not work. I have installed the latest librmtp and rmtpdump.

I know that my vpn blocks TCP port 1935 and this appears to be the reason for the non working on the RPi. To get the BBC to work I have configured it to use RMTP over HTTP otherwise it to fails in the same way that the others fail.

Using wireshark on a PC configured to use the gateway I see that the 4OD website uses port 443 to playback.

Is there anyway that the XBMC 4OD app can be configured to also use port 443 for playback?

thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31