Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Gutted, I love this app! Really hope it can be fixed, still if anyone can I'm sure Mossy can Smile
Hi,

Im completely new to xbmc and cant get 4od to work, it keeps saying cannot show categories, do I need to download anything else to get it to work? Will I need to set something else up if I want to be able to download episodes to watch later not sure what this rtmp is that some people have been talking about.

Please forgive my ignorance if I i'm going over old ground. Also if you ask me for an error log how do I go about finding such a thing?

Many thanks for your anticipated help Smile

Im running it on a mac if thats any help

Chris
(2013-06-25, 22:18)chrisbeardmore Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Im completely new to xbmc and cant get 4od to work, it keeps saying cannot show categories, do I need to download anything else to get it to work? Will I need to set something else up if I want to be able to download episodes to watch later not sure what this rtmp is that some people have been talking about.

Please forgive my ignorance if I i'm going over old ground. Also if you ask me for an error log how do I go about finding such a thing?

Many thanks for your anticipated help Smile

Im running it on a mac if thats any help

Chris

Read back TWO posts and you'll discover the problem.
So we are saying that's it then? No more ever?
That's not how I read it, I think Mossy's work is almost 'slackware' - that is he's keen, he likes developing the stuff, but he has a day job so cannot commit to a timescale to fix.

Remember we have been in this position once before and the project went silent for several months, then Mossy came along and brought out the release that worked great until the other day. Back then not many people (or at least I felt this) showed Mossy how much they valued his work, but now I think it is pretty clear how valuable the plug-in is so I'm hoping we will see another update before too long.

Clearly I can't speak for Mossy and I may be wide of the mark, perhaps you could give us your views Mossy?
There is a fix on the way. I don't give ETAs because I can't know when a fix will be ready.

The fact that the PS3 4oD website has been removed means that there is no quick way of finding the video when playing an episode. There is a way of finding the video, but there will be a delay lasting anywhere from a second or two to... um... more than a second or two, I won't know what kind of delays to expect until later. The delay will be different for each episode, but only for the first time you play it.
Thanks for looking into it :D I dont mind a delay at all. Much appreciated.
Hello, just stumbled across this forum today looking for an answer as to why my 4oD addon no longer works.

Good to know that the author is on it. Mossy, your 4oD addon is terrific, without it, XBMC just isn't the same. Keep up the great work (and take all the time you'll need), loads of people will appreciate it Smile

While you are working on the fix, just one question out of curiosity... would it be difficult to include Channel4's live streams in future releases of the addon? Or is that very different from accessing the on-demand feeds?

Cheers,

XBMCforever.
Had no idea they had live feeds. I'll take a look at some point.
yes, I only found them by coincidence a while ago.

Here's the URL:

http://watchlive.channel4.com/

Cheers,

XBMCforever.
Sounding positive Mossy, thanks for your work on this you can tell people value it.
+1 looking forward to a fix for this.
Do 4od /Channel 4 have an iOS / Android app ?
(2013-07-02, 00:12)privado Wrote: [ -> ]Do 4od /Channel 4 have an iOS / Android app ?

Yeah, there are 4OD apps for both android and iOS but you get adverts when watching catch up programmes. Also,quality of streams on android app is not as good as the ones you get with the plugin on xbmc
Hey, Mossy. Would like to echo the appreciation by others of your work. Thanks for the 4OD add on!! I use it all the time. And thanks for working on an update.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31