Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio Library Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to add .mka (matroska audio only) files to the music database ? since .mka has no ID-tags and embedded tags are not supported by xbmc (not easy to embed too!!) .mka can't be added. Is it possible to provide a .nfo file containing the ID-tags that can be scraped ? Is there a different approach to add AC3, DTS, MLP, TrueHD and DTS-HD audio files to the music database without converting them to FLAC ?
The first thing is to get them playable from Music -> Files.
AC3, DTS and MLP play perfect from music -> files, in their native form as .ac3, .dts and .mlp files or muxed as .mka files. I didn't have TrueHD oder DTS-HD audio only file so far, so i couldn't test.
I use XBMC Eden final with DanielA's HD-Audio patch.
I spent several days playing with the conversion of DTS and AC3 files to FLAC in order to add them to the audio library, but no matter how i convert the files (eac3to, DVD Audio Extractor, Foobar 2000) none of the results equals the original stream. I got the closest results with foobar 2000 but even those weren't satisfying. Is there any chance to import .dts, .ac3 or .mka files to the library (even manually) or is there already a feature request or implementation planned ?
I just had the idea to create a cuesheet to import the files to the library. So i created one for a single .ac3, a single .mka and multiple .mlp files. All cuesheets were correctly imported to the library, but when i play them, XBMC decodes the file and sends multichannel to my AVR. If i play the same file without cuesheet, XBMC sends the bitstream (AVR displays "Dolby Digital" for AC3 and "TrueHD" for MLP files). Why does XBMC decode when i use cuesheets ?