Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Moving over to Git version, quick question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

Right now I'm runnning the XBMC repo version (so 3.0.1) but I'm keen to try the latest git as I'm having some issues with the skin currently and I'm hoping the latest merges have fixed them.

Now I'm running OpenELEC on an AD04 (no other OS), so what's the best method for me to upgrade to the git version?

Am I able to download the git repo on my laptop, then just FTP in and overwrite the skin files in whatever folder they're stored in?

Thanks Wink
download it to your laptop and move it to the openelec machine via samba (openelec should be visible in network window)
skin is located in /storage/.xbmc/addons/skin.aeon.nox
Ok cook, thanks. No need to delete anything first, I can just overwrite whatever's in there?
better delete everything inside the skin.aeon.nox folder and copy it then.
Right Ok. So that'll mean losing the settings I assume...

Rather than do this right now, when you get 2 secs could you have a quick look at my issue in the main thread? Something to do with the skin looking for posters in the wrong spot...
(2012-06-21, 05:08)simonk83 Wrote: [ -> ]Right Ok. So that'll mean losing the settings I assume...

Rather than do this right now, when you get 2 secs could you have a quick look at my issue in the main thread? Something to do with the skin looking for posters in the wrong spot...

you won´t lose the settings, if you decide to return to official repo version all settings will return.
will take a look.
That's cool, but I'll have to set up the skin from scratch right (the git version) if I delete everything from the skin folder? I mean I can do that, but I'd rather not Smile Is there a settings file I can keep (and delete everything else)?

Smile
skin settings aren´t stored in skin folder but in guisettings.xml so you won´t loose any settings.
Ah, excellent thanks Wink

Brilliant, I was only thinking the same thing. Great skin with great support!!!
(2012-06-23, 08:41)wally101 Wrote: [ -> ]Brilliant, I was only thinking the same thing. Great skin with great support!!!

Just be aware, I did lose my settings, despite the above.
That's annoying alright. Id go mad (for 10min anyway)

Did you have it backed up before hand or were you able to back up guisettings.xml?
(2012-06-23, 11:05)wally101 Wrote: [ -> ]That's annoying alright. Id go mad (for 10min anyway)

Did you have it backed up before hand or were you able to back up guisettings.xml?

Well I didn't lose any of the xbmc settings (which I suppose is all in guisettings), just the skin settings which I guess is in a different file. And that's why I asked in the first place Smile

Never mind, didn't take too long, but still not much fun.
Well worth the switch to git.

I just did it and the skin looks amazing. The most noticeable difference to me is the font used. Its so much clearer

One question: For tv shows the view style is landscape. Its nearly perfect but the Game of Thrones landscape pic is in French, I cant seem to find the option to change it
(2012-06-23, 15:55)wally101 Wrote: [ -> ]Well worth the switch to git.

I just did it and the skin looks amazing. The most noticeable difference to me is the font used. Its so much clearer

One question: For tv shows the view style is landscape. Its nearly perfect but the Game of Thrones landscape pic is in French, I cant seem to find the option to change it

Make sure Kiosk mode is off, hover over game of thrones and open context menu "C". and TV Show Info. Then just scroll right to Get artwork. You could then just manually grab a new image
Pages: 1 2