Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks, I'll try that!
(2013-06-08, 03:01)yomammary Wrote: [ -> ]I know this might sound weird but the WCS finals streams don't work. None of them, the rest is working fine.
Any idea why this is happening?

Sorry I missed this! I should have cross posted it here. There was an issue with the addon, probably caused by a change from justin.tv, I made a patch and it's upstream now https://github.com/StateOfTheArt89/Twitch.tv-on-XBMC

on linux, uninstall the old addon, then cd ~/.xbmc/addons/ then git clone https://github.com/StateOfTheArt89/Twitc...n-XBMC.git . idk if the latest version has been updated in the repos.

this only really effects streams with subscription content, so I didn't even notice it until WCS was on lol. awful time to be learning a new code base...
I'm getting a user token error on every stream i try to open. Anyone can help?
Anyone know why the user favorites and channel archives no longer work?
is there a way to watch past broadcasts of a channel with this plugin?
Used to be, by using the context menu.

It stopped working recently - any updates??
(2013-06-19, 17:53)anarckie Wrote: [ -> ]Used to be, by using the context menu.

It stopped working recently - any updates??

i think you are using the old version i did a couple fixes, not the official one,
well it did stop working due justin.tv api updates, they no longer support game in their broadcast.
all goes to twitch now.

there are some updates on the official version via git,
but im not so sure if there is past broadcast support.

as for my fixed version it is deprecated.

cheers.
You are correct Middle, I was using your version and not the official one. I have both installed but just checked yours.

Any reason why past broadcasts aren't supported in the official version?

https://github.com/justintv/Twitch-API/b...nnelvideos
(2013-06-20, 03:59)anarckie Wrote: [ -> ]You are correct Middle, I was using your version and not the official one. I have both installed but just checked yours.

Any reason why past broadcasts aren't supported in the official version?

https://github.com/justintv/Twitch-API/b...nnelvideos

there is no direct link to video file anymore,
justin.tv remove the support for games,
not simple task to grab as used to be.

im working on it actually,
if i find enough time i will try to push my changes to the official version.
Is there something else that needs to be done to make this plugin work? I've installed from repo and have the latest librtmp that I could find and can not get any streams to work.
Since issue 32 of the twitch add-on has been fixed, I had was unable to use the add-on at all.

First of all, I am using raspbmc on the raspberry pi with an updated librtmp and can watch twitch streams via the twitch add-on from Middle. Unfortunately this add-on is not maintained and very unofficial.

I was unable to install the latest version of the official add-in from zip and thus update the version 1.0.0 from the repo with it. Even after uninstalling the v1.0.0 and installing the v1.0.1 zip from a pendrive, raspbmc showed the plugin as version 1.0.0. and the above issue was still there.

Since I wanted to check if the fix works for me, I did a complete reinstall of raspbmc from the recovery-function of my SD-Card. After encountering some problems with the add-on repo and updating librtmp again I could install the v1.0.1.

As of now I get a user token error on every stream when using the new version. In the meantime I can always watch streams with the add-on from Middle. But only until some change on twitch breaks it.

Up until now i was planning on using the raspi with the above setup to show streams during some Barcraft events, but seeing how problematic this seems to be, I am open to suggestions.
(2013-06-24, 10:07)twitchadict Wrote: [ -> ]Since issue 32 of the twitch add-on has been fixed, I had was unable to use the add-on at all.

First of all, I am using raspbmc on the raspberry pi with an updated librtmp and can watch twitch streams via the twitch add-on from Middle. Unfortunately this add-on is not maintained and very unofficial.

I was unable to install the latest version of the official add-in from zip and thus update the version 1.0.0 from the repo with it. Even after uninstalling the v1.0.0 and installing the v1.0.1 zip from a pendrive, raspbmc showed the plugin as version 1.0.0. and the above issue was still there.

Since I wanted to check if the fix works for me, I did a complete reinstall of raspbmc from the recovery-function of my SD-Card. After encountering some problems with the add-on repo and updating librtmp again I could install the v1.0.1.

As of now I get a user token error on every stream when using the new version. In the meantime I can always watch streams with the add-on from Middle. But only until some change on twitch breaks it.

Up until now i was planning on using the raspi with the above setup to show streams during some Barcraft events, but seeing how problematic this seems to be, I am open to suggestions.

I added an issue at github: https://github.com/StateOfTheArt89/Twitc.../issues/34

The Raspberry Pi seems to be very problematic right now.
This steam does not work http://de.twitch.tv/mlglol
Would highly appreciate if someone is able to look into this.

Code:
15:04:59 T:6036  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:04:59 T:6036  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/playLive/mlglol/" matches rule for function "playLive"
15:04:59 T:6036 WARNING: [xbmcswift2] No converter provided, unicode should be used, but returning str value
15:04:59 T:2792  NOTICE: Thread PVR GUI info updater start, auto delete: false
15:05:00 T:6036   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: expected string or buffer
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\w33d\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.twitch\default.py", line 187, in <module>
                                                PLUGIN.run()
                                              File "C:\Users\w33d\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib\xbmcswift2\plugin.py", line 332, in run
                                                items = self._dispatch(self.request.path)
                                              File "C:\Users\w33d\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib\xbmcswift2\plugin.py", line 306, in _dispatch
                                                listitems = view_func(**items)
                                              File "C:\Users\w33d\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.twitch\default.py", line 21, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\w33d\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.twitch\default.py", line 141, in playLive
                                                rtmpUrl = resolver.getRTMPUrl(name, videoQuality)
                                              File "C:\Users\w33d\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.twitch\twitch.py", line 113, in getRTMPUrl
                                                if self._streamIsAccessible(stream)
                                              File "C:\Users\w33d\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.twitch\twitch.py", line 131, in _streamIsAccessible
                                                if not stream.get(Keys.TOKEN) and re.match(Patterns.IP, stream.get(Keys.CONNECT)):
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\re.py", line 137, in match
                                                return _compile(pattern, flags).match(string)
                                            TypeError: expected string or buffer
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
15:05:00 T:2284   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.twitch/playLive/mlglol/]
nvm
i have almost same errors try to watching Starcraft 2 streaming but not with all

Code:
1- ESL

16:18:00 T:2690806848 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:18:02 T:2690806848 NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/playLive/italianesportsnetwork/" matches rule for function "playLive"
16:18:02 T:2690806848 WARNING: [xbmcswift2] No converter provided, unicode should be used, but returning str value
16:18:04 T:2690806848 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: list index out of range
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.twitch/default.py", line 187, in <module>
PLUGIN.run()
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.module.xbmcswift2/lib/xbmcswift2/plugin.py", line 332, in run
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.module.xbmcswift2/lib/xbmcswift2/plugin.py", line 306, in _dispatch
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.twitch/default.py", line 21, in wrapper
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.twitch/default.py", line 141, in playLive
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.twitch/twitch.py", line 116, in getRTMPUrl
return self._bestMatchForChosenQuality(items, maxQuality)[Keys.RTMP_URL]
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.twitch/twitch.py", line 159, in _bestMatchForChosenQuality
return streams[0]
IndexError: list index out of range
16:18:05 T:3041259520 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.twitch/playLive/italianesportsnetwork/]
16:18:26 T:2699195456 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
16:19:51 T:2871772224 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false

2- MLG

08:58:02 T:2709349440 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:58:03 T:2709349440 NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/playLive/mlgsc2/" matches rule for function "playLive"
08:58:03 T:2709349440 WARNING: [xbmcswift2] No converter provided, unicode should be used, but returning str value
08:58:06 T:2709349440 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: 'token'
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.twitch/default.py", line 187, in <module>
PLUGIN.run()
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.module.xbmcswift2/lib/xbmcswift2/plugin.py", line 332, in run
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.module.xbmcswift2/lib/xbmcswift2/plugin.py", line 306, in _dispatch
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.twitch/default.py", line 21, in wrapper
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.twitch/default.py", line 141, in playLive
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.twitch/twitch.py", line 113, in getRTMPUrl
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.twitch/twitch.py", line 131, in _streamIsAccessible
if not stream[Keys.TOKEN] and re.match(Patterns.IP, stream.get(Keys.CONNECT)):
KeyError: 'token'
08:58:06 T:3041107968 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.twitch/playLive/mlgsc2/]
08:58:06 T:2709349440 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
08:58:19 T:2709349440 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
08:58:19 T:2709349440 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:58:20 T:2709349440 NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/playLive/mlgsc2/" matches rule for function "playLive"
08:58:20 T:2709349440 WARNING: [xbmcswift2] No converter provided, unicode should be used, but returning str value
08:58:21 T:2709349440 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: 'token'
PLUGIN.run()
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.twitch/twitch.py", line 113, in getRTMPUrl
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.twitch/twitch.py", line 131, in _streamIsAccessible
if not stream[Keys.TOKEN] and re.match(Patterns.IP, stream.get(Keys.CONNECT)):
KeyError: 'token'
08:58:22 T:3041107968 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.twitch/playLive/mlgsc2/]
08:58:26 T:2709349440 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
08:58:28 T:2727343168 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.