Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-11-05, 20:33)Kokarn Wrote: [ -> ]After searching for that specific problem there seems to be versioning problem.

Try to uninstall the add-on and install it from the addon menu in settings instead, that should fix the problem.

Problem is, the Twitch.tv add-on is not on the list of xbmc.org browsable add-ons. There are a lot of other add-ons that i can not find there either.. Huh
(2012-11-05, 21:32)Domanovic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-05, 20:33)Kokarn Wrote: [ -> ]After searching for that specific problem there seems to be versioning problem.

Try to uninstall the add-on and install it from the addon menu in settings instead, that should fix the problem.

Problem is, the Twitch.tv add-on is not on the list of xbmc.org browsable add-ons. There are a lot of other add-ons that i can not find there either.. Huh

Are you sure that you are on 11 and not 10?
The problem seems to be when people try to install XBMC 11 Eden addons on XBMC 10 Dharma.

What other addons are missing?
(2012-11-05, 21:35)Kokarn Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure that you are on 11 and not 10?
The problem seems to be when people try to install XBMC 11 Eden addons on XBMC 10 Dharma.

What other addons are missing?

Once again, i prove my lack of knowledge about XBMC. Blush I was a 100% certain that i had Eden installed. I was proved wrong.
Thanks for your help, and apologies on the waste of your time!

Add-ons like Missing Movie Scanner are still not there, but I will try and install those from a zip file later.
Hello, nice addon, but i just simply cant make it work.
I tried installing from different places, from the addon menu, from the zip file, all not working.
The thing is, i when i try to play any stream, i press the streamer, and nothing happens after some loading...pressed again, one or more items failed to play.
Im on eden 11, thats for sure.
Where seems to be the problem, can you help me out, or how much more i could help you to figure the situation?
Cheers from Croatia
(2012-11-07, 00:46)FlameCRO Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, nice addon, but i just simply cant make it work.
I tried installing from different places, from the addon menu, from the zip file, all not working.
The thing is, i when i try to play any stream, i press the streamer, and nothing happens after some loading...pressed again, one or more items failed to play.
Im on eden 11, thats for sure.
Where seems to be the problem, can you help me out, or how much more i could help you to figure the situation?
Cheers from Croatia

Sounds like a problem with a wrong version of librtmp... see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...te_librtmp

Cheers Smile

Edit: fixed link
Wont that affect my other addons, i remember once before changing and some of my other video addons started to fail, then i switched to the old again?

Or i was maybe changing the wrong file in the wrong location
Thanks for your fast reply m8 Smile
(2012-11-07, 12:23)FlameCRO Wrote: [ -> ]Wont that affect my other addons, i remember once before changing and some of my other video addons started to fail, then i switched to the old again?

Or i was maybe changing the wrong file in the wrong location
Thanks for your fast reply m8 Smile
Ok, heres what i did, i downloaded that librtmp.0.dylib from the site you linked, and downloaded that pre compiled version, and went to the location, and renamed the old one to old, and pasted the new version.
Rebooted the apple tv, and now everytime i try opening xmbc, i see that first screen, and my apple tv crashes, and same thing all over and over again everytime i try opening xmbc.
Wheres the problem?
Edit:
Managed to make it work, but with the old lib file i had from few weeks ago, which was 2.7mb actually, and now twitch works, but cant remember where did i download that from :S
Could someone explain me now what happened??
and that thing on the bottom of the site that says
After you've replaced librtmp, enable Updated libRTMP present in the settings of SuperTV and/or rtmpGUI+.

i havent done that as i dont know where that option is
Am i only supposed to be able to play Live streams?

I'm asking because i get a script error, everytime i try to play an archived stream from a channel/user.

here's are a few lines from my log:

Code:
01:54:48 T:2851644512  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
01:54:51 T:2851644512   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.twitch/default.py", line 340, in <module>
                                                playLive(channelname)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.twitch/default.py", line 302, in playLive
                                                jtvtoken = getBestJtvTokenPossible(name)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.twitch/default.py", line 276, in getBestJtvTokenPossible
                                                return data[bestIndex]
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
01:54:51 T:3043553280   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.twitch/?url=manvsgame&mode=play&channelname=manvsgame]
01:54:51 T:2851644512  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
01:54:56 T:2851644512  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
01:54:57 T:2851644512  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
01:55:00 T:2851644512   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.twitch/default.py", line 340, in <module>
                                                playLive(channelname)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.twitch/default.py", line 302, in playLive
                                                jtvtoken = getBestJtvTokenPossible(name)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.twitch/default.py", line 276, in getBestJtvTokenPossible
                                                return data[bestIndex]
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
01:55:00 T:3043553280   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.twitch/?url=manvsgame&mode=play&channelname=manvsgame]
01:55:00 T:2851644512  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
01:55:15 T:2851644512  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
01:55:15 T:2851644512  NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
01:55:20 T:2773480544  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
01:55:20 T:2773480544  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false

I'm running openelec (r122500) on my Raspberry Pi
I sent you a PM with a new logo, you like it? It's more transparent than the current one and also uses the purple logo
//edit

never mind, had an librtmp problem and by updating it it was solved.
hey state, thank you for your dev efforts, we do appreciate it. in regards to the following audio issue, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126212 & http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1051869
video works perfectly, but no audio comes through. has there been any movement on this particular issue? i imagine you can probably reach out divingmule(dev of justin.tv app) if you wanted to. the issue is the use of xsplit, it uses an audio codec called speex, which may or may not be supported by ffmpeg. i imagine a lot of broadcasters on twitch use xsplit because of its features, its hard to convince them to use something else because 1% of users can't get audio in a certain media center application. though it isn't difficult to open a web browser and view from there, i would be nice to stay within xbmc. again, thanks for all your efforts, this addon works great.
(2012-09-10, 16:43)Middle Wrote: [ -> ]nice working good so far
only some complain XD,
i notice you change the icon scrap, now cover are good rez but is a mess,
covers are diff sizes and shapes,
and channels uses channel icon now, rez is good but ppl always fills it with no sense content.

any chance to get a option to use icons and covers how it was before ?

and if not ask too much, add description, channel name, number viewers ?

here is what im working on with your script

thx man, your script is awesome.

cheers.

Hi,
How to have the same theme for Twitch TV on XBMC.
Thanks.
With Frodo RC2 (xbmcbuntu) it will freeze all the system if you press back/menu when you are enjoying a stream
I am not getting the "Following"-feature to work. I have tried entering the name of the channel I want to follow and I have also tried adding my own twitch username (I am following some channels) but the list is empty in the add-on either way.

Am I doing something wrong?
(2012-12-27, 00:43)kattapa Wrote: [ -> ]I am not getting the "Following"-feature to work. I have tried entering the name of the channel I want to follow and I have also tried adding my own twitch username (I am following some channels) but the list is empty in the add-on either way.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hey,
to get this working, you just need to add your username in the settings. The following section only lists online channels, you are following.

(2012-12-26, 16:42)nanny07 Wrote: [ -> ]With Frodo RC2 (xbmcbuntu) it will freeze all the system if you press back/menu when you are enjoying a stream

Which version of the twitch.tv plugin are you using?

(2012-12-09, 19:58)zoydberg Wrote: [ -> ]hey state, thank you for your dev efforts, we do appreciate it. in regards to the following audio issue, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126212 & http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1051869
video works perfectly, but no audio comes through. has there been any movement on this particular issue? i imagine you can probably reach out divingmule(dev of justin.tv app) if you wanted to. the issue is the use of xsplit, it uses an audio codec called speex, which may or may not be supported by ffmpeg. i imagine a lot of broadcasters on twitch use xsplit because of its features, its hard to convince them to use something else because 1% of users can't get audio in a certain media center application. though it isn't difficult to open a web browser and view from there, i would be nice to stay within xbmc. again, thanks for all your efforts, this addon works great.

I'm sorry for the big delay. There is a lot of stuff to do right now for me Smile
I was not really aware, that this is a bigger problem. I will take a closer look on it asap.