Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@anxdpanic Let's try this again. I failed to upload the *debug* log last time. My apologies.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ivawilocif
@anxdpanic My SD card corrupted so I just did a fresh install of OSMC on a new SD card. No longer having the problem. Thanks!
I watch some Korean streamers from time to time but their names and titles always show up as boxes with X’s through them. What do I need to do to make these characters display correctly?

I’m on latest Kodi/Twitch addon/Aeon Silvo and my platform is Mac. Thanks guys!
@Hauser 
This is caused by the font, which can be changed in Kodi's Settings.
Settings - Interface - Skin - Fonts 
On Estuary change this to 'Arial based', may be different on other skins.
Hello,

I cannot load list of followed live streams anymore.
Twitch-On-Kodi says "Twitch error, more info in logs".

The relevant part of KODI log (as far as I can identify it) I've uploaded here:
https://paste.kodi.tv/emagiruweh.kodi

There were no problems watching Twitch/Followed Live Streams until yesterday.

I am using Kodi 16.1 and Twitch-On-Kodi 2.4.3-Beta3 incl. the script.module.python.twitch-2.0.7 both just installed today.

Thanks
(2019-04-02, 13:29)mph1 Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot load list of followed live streams anymore.
Just I had posted my problem, the list have started to work again.
IMO there was an extraordinary character in some stream name which blocked the plugin to parse informations.
(2019-04-02, 13:39)mph1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-02, 13:29)mph1 Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot load list of followed live streams anymore.
IMO there was an extraordinary character in some stream name which blocked the plugin to parse informations.  
The problem returned.
I've worked with my follows, and I have 2 suspect channels: fuegosc2 and luisggg. When removed from follows, the error disappeared.
(2019-04-02, 20:07)mph1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-02, 13:39)mph1 Wrote: [ -> ]
The problem returned.
I've worked with my follows, and I have 2 suspect channels: fuegosc2 and luisggg. When removed from follows, the error disappeared.  

Now I'm not a dev so I can't help you, however if you want help you should enable debug mode and then upload the whole log and not just a snippet.
I have an OAuth token issue, after updating to 18.1 and then going back to 17.6 (twice) a couple of days ago ive just tried this addon again and its wiped the data.

The issue is that when i click 'Get OAuth token' in the addon settings i get the message: "Failed to get url, try again shortly", and the only search results bring back GitHub code where its simply listing all the messages to show for each error code.
I've deleted the existing connection on twitch, wondering whether that was blocking the request for a new (2nd) authorisation from the same hardware, but it hasnt helped.

I've googled for info, done a fresh install, and installed Kodi on a 2nd machine, and i just get the same message. So at the moment i have no way of requesting a new token, and it doesnt look like i can manually create one.

Is this an temporary issue with Twitch, or is this a localised issue?

In the log theres a repeating error that seems like it might be the part of the issue, :
Code:
11:42:31.093 T:6668 WARNING: script.module.python.twitch: API version |V5| is deprecated, update to |Helix| by |TBD|
11:42:31.298 T:6668 NOTICE: Twitch: Calling |_main| for mode |main| with pos args |[]| and kwargs |{}|
11:42:33.022 T:7480 WARNING: script.module.python.twitch: API version |V5| is deprecated, update to |Helix| by |TBD|
11:42:33.239 T:7480 NOTICE: Twitch: Calling |_settings| for mode |settings| with pos args |[]| and kwargs |{}|
11:42:36.909 T:6632 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(22): Script invoked without an addon. Adding all addon modules installed to python path as fallback. This behaviour will be removed in future version.
11:42:37.030 T:8080 WARNING: script.module.python.twitch: API version |V5| is deprecated, update to |Helix| by |TBD|
11:42:37.286 T:8080 NOTICE: Twitch: Calling |_get_token_url| for mode |get_token_url| with pos args |[]| and kwargs |{}|
11:42:37.350 T:6632 ERROR: EXCEPTION: No valid addon id could be obtained. None was passed and the script wasn't executed in a normal xbmc manner.
11:42:37.583 T:4356 WARNING: script.module.python.twitch: API version |V5| is deprecated, update to |Helix| by |TBD|
11:42:37.787 T:4356 NOTICE: Twitch: Calling |_main| for mode |main| with pos args |[]| and kwargs |{}|

Ok, ive not exactly solved the issue, but ive found a solution, i was able to go through my browser history and find the URL. That then asked me to log in and has provided me with a token, so its working again.
However im still going to post this purely because im concerned there might still be an issue and it took me ~2-3hrs of messing about before considering the browser history route (i actually thought an old URL might have had data which had expired). 
If the above error/warning isnt a concern, and new requests are going through, i guess it wasnt a fault with the add-on itself.
(2019-04-03, 13:19)PaulC2K Wrote: [ -> ]...
The issue is that when i click 'Get OAuth token' in the addon settings i get the message: "Failed to get url, try again shortly", and the only search results bring back GitHub code where its simply listing all the messages to show for each error code.
I'd had the same issue. Resolved after I've installed the Twitch-on-Kodi ver. 2.4.3 available on Github.
@PaulC2K
As @mph1 mentioned this is fixed in 2.4.3, it's currently awaiting review for the official repository and is available https://github.com/MrSprigster/Twitch-on.../tag/2.4.3 as well.

@mph1 
I haven't been able to reproduce, please try to capture a complete debug log (wiki)
(2019-04-03, 17:45)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't been able to reproduce, please try to capture a complete debug log (wiki)

Thank you for your answer. Yes, it is not easy to reproduce this (for me too), because it is dependent on the external source (twitch channel).

But I am pretty sure the problem is similar to this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4796...-in-python
or this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1840...-byte-0xc3

Anyway - thank you so much for your time.
Hello:

I'm having an issue with entering OAuth tokens - I have entered 4 so far - ALL have come back as invalid ... I've checked that I wrote it down off of my computer 2 or 3 times - then check it 2 or 3 more times after I enter it with the onscreen keyboard on my Pie ... I even pasted the OAuth code into notebook to make sure I had the small l vs capital I thing straight. Is there something else I'm not doing right? do I need uninstall and reinstall and try again - or is there another issue it could be? I'm running the newest version on my Raspberry Pie .. any insight or tips to fix this would be greatly appreciated ... thanks 

I'm using the iNhr link to generate the token ... I'm completely at a loss and becoming extremely frustrated
@xenophrenia Will need a complete debug log (wiki) reproducing the issue to hopefully see what it happening.
I have been using this addon since its inception. I use it multiples time a day. Yesterday no issues. Today, I have experiencing issues with playback on any channel. Video starts to play but once the initial buffer is over, the buffer falls to 0% and never starts playing video again. I have tried lowering the quality but it does the same thing. I have tested this on two RPi units running OSMC. The last update they did was a week ago, and all addons are up to date. Streaming works via Chromecast and in apps on my device. Reboots to all network devices and the RPi's themselves. Any ideas what might be causing the issue that developed today?

Edit #1- Please disregard this post. I troubleshot it back to high packet loss on my ISPs end.