Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This morning, everything was working fine. This afternoon I am unable to open live channels. VODS playback fine. I changed nothing with my setup. Here is the error that is being recorded. It is mentioning an API issue. Like I said live channels played fine this morning, now 5 hrs later, they are not. Kodi Log

I see here what the issue might be, but I do not possess the knowledge to fix it. Changes to v5 API
(2020-02-21, 00:50)chief27 Wrote: [ -> ]This morning, everything was working fine. This afternoon I am unable to open live channels. VODS playback fine. I changed nothing with my setup. Here is the error that is being recorded. It is mentioning an API issue. Like I said live channels played fine this morning, now 5 hrs later, they are not. Kodi Log

Same exact issue here, what's going on? The Twitch Plugin is simply not working.

Here is my log
Code:
 2020-02-20 17:45:59.845 T:3376563072 WARNING: script.module.python.twitch: API version |V5| is deprecated, update to |Helix| by |TBD|
2020-02-20 17:46:00.326 T:3376563072 NOTICE: Twitch: Calling |_list_followed| for mode |followed| with pos args |['live']| and kwargs |{}|
2020-02-20 17:46:00.360 T:3376563072 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: '_total'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.twitch/resources/lib/addon_runner.py", line 15, in <module>
router.run(sys.argv)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.twitch/resources/lib/twitch_addon/router.py", line 297, in run
dispatcher.dispatch(mode, queries)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.twitch/resources/lib/twitch_addon/addon/common/url_dispatcher.py", line 94, in dispatch
self.func_registry[mode](*args, **kwargs)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.twitch/resources/lib/twitch_addon/addon/error_handling.py", line 29, in wrapper
result = func(*args, **kwargs)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.twitch/resources/lib/twitch_addon/router.py", line 101, in _list_followed
followed.route(twitch_api, content, offset, cursor)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.twitch/resources/lib/twitch_addon/routes/followed.py", line 37, in route
if (streams[Keys.TOTAL] > 0) and (Keys.STREAMS in streams):
KeyError: '_total'
-->End of Python script error report<--
2020-02-20 17:46:00.562 T:3384955776 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.twitch/?content=live&mode=followed
2020-02-20 17:46:00.567 T:4093976592 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.twitch/?content=live&mode=followed) failed
There are zips https://github.com/MrSprigster/Twitch-on.../2.4.9-dev this will likely only work for the first 100 results. I am sick so I just got it working for the moment.
(2020-02-21, 01:44)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]There are zips https://github.com/MrSprigster/Twitch-on.../2.4.9-dev this will likely only work for the first 100 results. I am sick so I just got it working for the moment.

Thanks for the fast fix. Feel better soon. Alpha release is working great for me. Smile
@neo_

A little bit of housekeeping. In future could you please post your logs at Kodi Paste Site then copy the link in the address bar, and add the link to your post. Thanks.
Hi,

I updated to 2.4.9 and the live channels still don't work, though now I get a different error message : "no streams found"
OK, I deleted the storage.json and disabled and then re enabled the application, now it works.

(2020-02-27, 00:18)r0hamkuka Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I updated to 2.4.9 and the live channels still don't work, though now I get a different error message : "no streams found"
........... Inifnite SPIN animation issue ..............
I have reach a "streamer" channal....... all it's works if i use "Past Event" but if i click on "Upload videos" i obtain a notification report "No uploded video has found" or somethings similar but after that i obtain an "infinite spin" animation on tv. I need to stop it manually press on "EXIT" on my remote or "ESC" on keyboard.

It's a little bug ?

For addictional info i have try to reach this channel from kodi:
https://www.twitch.tv/zeb89/videos?filte...&sort=time

You can see there's no uploaded video and it's correctly notified but i don't understand because after that i obtain a infinite spin on my tv........
So I kinda gave up on this add-on when it broke a few months ago. I just decided to check back in and saw that it was reported working again for others but I still get the 410 message about the API being removed whenever I try to play a stream. I've deleted storage.json and uninstalled the add-on before installing the latest release from github. I even tried getting a new OAuth token but nothing's worked.
I've also tried using the private API credentials that I saw others talking about (it just led to the playback timing out) and I tried resetting the function cache. Sorry for the double post but I don't see any way to edit my previous post.
@Calitar  Try to install from github first "script.module.python.twitch-2.0.12.zip" then install "plugin.video.twitch-2.4.10.zip" putting also your OAuth Token to see if it solves your problem.
(2020-03-31, 11:26)xalaros10 Wrote: [ -> ]@Calitar  Try to install from github first "script.module.python.twitch-2.0.12.zip" then install "plugin.video.twitch-2.4.10.zip" putting also your OAuth Token to see if it solves your problem.
I already tried that before posting. Still can't load any streams/VODs.

EDIT: ...I swear there was no edit button for me earlier
@Calitar - edit privs are granted to users of sufficient standing, that being an account older than a certain period (a month iirc) and with more than a certain number of posts (10).

With your post above you've just achieved that, so edit privs are unlocked.