Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Twitch Turbo subscription and tonight, using the addon, I am getting preroll ads (it actually just says twitch commercial break in progress for 30 seconds) for any stream I watch that I am not subbed to. Has something change or is something broken on Twitch's end? Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. Thanks!

Edit: To clarify I am using logged into the addon with my Twitch account.
(2020-04-15, 02:10)chief27 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Twitch Turbo subscription and tonight, using the addon, I am getting preroll ads (it actually just says twitch commercial break in progress for 30 seconds) for any stream I watch that I am not subbed to. Has something change or is something broken on Twitch's end? Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. Thanks!

Same here...
(2020-04-15, 06:53)x3nius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-15, 02:10)chief27 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Twitch Turbo subscription and tonight, using the addon, I am getting preroll ads (it actually just says twitch commercial break in progress for 30 seconds) for any stream I watch that I am not subbed to. Has something change or is something broken on Twitch's end? Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. Thanks!

Same here... 

Mine has now appeared to fix itself... so maybe it was something funky happening on the Twitch side of things. I looked at my logs earlier when it was showing the preroll ads, and nothing looked different compared to when it wasn't doing it before.
(2020-04-15, 08:25)chief27 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-15, 06:53)x3nius Wrote: [ -> ]

Same here... 

Mine has now appeared to fix itself... so maybe it was something funky happening on the Twitch side of things. I looked at my logs earlier when it was showing the preroll ads, and nothing looked different compared to when it wasn't doing it before.
Im also not getting them anymore.
Good day guys.

I was wondering something about this plug in: is it normal that no matter what you do, live streams are always some seconds behind if you compare it with the same stream from a browser on the same network?

Both machines runs on windows and are on lan, not wifi.
If I open twitch via firefox and then open it in kodi, 4 to maybe 8 seconds behind?
It's normal or there is something that can be done to adjust it?
Hi guys and thirst thanks for great work.

I've got an issue since today and i can't find in the forum how to fix it (Sorry for my bad english)
I can't see any stream, it's says there's an error.
I past the log here :
https://paste.kodi.tv/efiteyavon.kodi
I've try to make a new auth jeton and try to unistall- reinstall with no succes ?
Do you know how i can fix this ? Am i the only to have this issue ?

Thank again and have a nice day.
(2020-05-15, 17:17)Nimai Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys and thirst thanks for great work.

I've got an issue since today and i can't find in the forum how to fix it (Sorry for my bad english)
I past the log here :
I've try to make a new auth jeton and try to unistall- reinstall with no succes ?

Same problem here.
I don't have the "JSONRPC" error though.

I'm on the latest version (2.5.0), and I live in france (in case this info is useful)
It seems to be related to twitch, but everything is fine on my browser/phone
(2020-05-15, 22:07)Shim Wrote: [ -> ]

I past the log here :

Same problem here.

I'm on the latest version (2.5.0), and I live in france (in case this info is useful)
New information, if it can help.
I try a fresh kodi installation. And install only Twitch add-on. Until the interface is in english it work just fine. But when it's in French, i've got the error...
(2020-05-16, 16:42)Nimai Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-15, 22:07)Shim Wrote: [ -> ]

I past the log here :

Same problem here.

New information, if it can help.
I try a fresh kodi installation. And install only Twitch add-on. Until the interface is in english it work just fine. But when it's in French, i've got the error... 
OK ! So i found a solution. Maybe it will be fix later but for now it works fine for me. So you got the same error "'ascii' codec can't decode byte". I've made some modification in the script "menu_item.py".
I've had some "encode(UTF-8)" to the original code.
I past the entier code for it will be more easy. Just replace all the code of the script. It's place into the folder addons/plugin.video.twitch/resouces/lib/twitch_addon/addon
https://paste.kodi.tv/ehocuqoyup.kodi

Hope it will help  Blush
Have a nice day.
@ExGemini 
It's been like that as for as long as I can remember, nothing I'm aware of to resolve it currently.

@Shim , @Nimai, and other fr_fr users,
See https://github.com/MrSprigster/Twitch-on.../2.x.x-dev

This issue surfaced with the fr_fr translation, and since I use en_us I may have missed something, please let me know if you notice any new issues surface.
(2020-05-16, 17:32)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@ExGemini 
It's been like that as for as long as I can remember, nothing I'm aware of to resolve it currently.

@Shim , @Nimai, and other fr_fr users,
See https://github.com/MrSprigster/Twitch-on.../2.x.x-dev

This issue surfaced with the fr_fr translation, and since I use en_us I may have missed something, please let me know if you notice any new issues surface.
Thank you !
It's seems to be working just fine for now.
Starting a week or two ago I'm having constant issue where i can't move to the next page of my followed live channels list. It just displays the loading wheel forever. First page works fine. Any ideas what could cause this?
@Jeukku 
I would need a complete debug log (wiki) to hopefully see what is causing the issue.
(2020-05-23, 17:49)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@Jeukku 
I would need a complete debug log (wiki) to hopefully see what is causing the issue.

@anxdpanic Here's the log: https://paste.kodi.tv/gohuserele.kodi
I started with logging on selected Twitch addon -> Following -> Live Channels -> Next page... waited for a while (like a minute) with the loading circle then pressed esc to cancel and closed Kodi.