Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playlist woes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have recently switched over to the Neon skin and have made a custom entry on the main menu. Basically what I want to do is add my Wrestling dvdrips to xbmc and keep them separate from movies and tv. So I managed to make a menu for "Wrestling" and added a playlist of the source folder where I keep all of my wrestling videos. One problem is if I scrape it as a movie, it shows up in my movie library even if I don't want it to, but has proper file stacking. Another problem is it's a dvdrip but in multiple parts. It never stacks properly in the playlist and I see disc 1, disc 2, etc. My questions would be ; How to set up my wrestling content to where it doesn't show up in other libraries, and how do I make them stack properly in a playlist?

Scrape it as a movie. And force it not to show up in your library.

That in my head sounded like the easiest way. Except that i have no idea if it is possible to force one particular show to not show up in the library.

But looking at the wiki my first try would be to go into advancedsettings.xml and do:
Code:
<video>
  <excludefromlisting>
        <regexp>-a-word-or-combination-that-only-exists-in-wrestling-videos</regexp>
    </excludefromlisting>
</video>
So in the regexp you need a regex that will recognize the wrestling. So 3 buts:
1) I never tried this and am not sure if <excludefromlisting> actually excludes an item from listing (wiki was vague).
2) It might also keep it from showing up on the home page. (but unlikely...)
3) It might be hard to find out if the regex is wrong or if it just doesn't work.

So if you can post a file name+folder name so someone can help with regex.
And if someone knows more about <excludefromlisting> feel free to step in. I'll try myself when i have more time.
I have the newest version of XBMC and I couldn't locate the advancedsettings.xml on my computer. I guess I would make the keyword something like "WWE" considering that most are dvdrips for example "WWE: ECW Unreleased Vol. 1"

I'm still monkeying around with this. If I figure it out, I'll post some info for everyone else.