Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc not recognizing my external hard drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I set up my xbmc awhile ago and haven't changed anything as of recently but a number of files stopped working. It would say the file is no longer available, I've realized that it is because it stopped recognizing my external HD, I removed it as a source and went to re add it and it is not an option in the add source screen, but if I leave xbmc it is plugged in and available in the file directory. I can also still watch movies directly from it in the desktop. Any one know why XBMC no longer recognizing my HD?
I wouldn't be surprised if something no longer see's the drive letter. If it's windows... right click on the computer icon, bring up the menu pick manage>diskmanagment> right click on the volume to produce the menu item 'change drive letter' and change it ... something way down the alphabet. Try to re-add as a source.
(2012-06-27, 05:58)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't be surprised if something no longer see's the drive letter. If it's windows... right click on the computer icon, bring up the menu pick manage>diskmanagment> right click on the volume to produce the menu item 'change drive letter' and change it ... something way down the alphabet. Try to re-add as a source.

I should have said this in the first post but it is linux mint 11 does that change much or can I still just try to change the volume?
(2012-06-26, 18:59)jonass21 Wrote: [ -> ]but if I leave xbmc it is plugged in and available in the file directory. I can also still watch movies directly from it in the desktop.
What directory is this drive mounted as?
it is mounted as /media. it is back now, only problem is that now my actual library is missing i can only view the movie files as file lists separately by source. Could my xbmc be corrupted possibly? Should I just install a new version? I am using xbmc 10.

Little more info since I can't seem to figure out what I did. I have my main menu set up with a movies, tv shows, and videos tab. Normally I would select movies and it would take me to the sweet xbmc movie library filled with fanart and all sorts of goodies, same for tv shows. Now whenever I select any of the three I am taken to a screen with three options files, playlists, and video addons. For the life of me I can't figure out where the actual library went!
You can try Adding videos to the library (wiki) again.
Time for a re-install with an update... don't know why you're hanging on to Dharma, but you will be pleased with Eden and more than likely your issues will be resolved.