Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No files in Music or Video libraries on Panasonic DMR-PWT520 PVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Panasonic PVR displays a Music Library and Video Library folder when using it as a DLNA Client.
However I cannot seem to populate the folders with any files, no matter what I do in XBMC on my Mac.
I have enabled UPNP in XBMC settings, and my Mac is recognised by the PVR.
The subfolders in the PVR Music Library include Artists, Genres, Albums etc, but these subfolders do not exist in XBMC.

Can someone please inform me on how to set up the folders in XBMC so that I am able to view their listing and stream them to the PVR.
I have tried creating the folders in XBMC, and applying the same naming convention as the PVR folders, then adding the video or music files from their respective Mac source locations.
However no luck.
I guess I don't understand where XBMC puts these folders on the Mac so that the PVR can access them, or if I can find them in the Mac directory so that I can place files into them.
UPnP sharing will only work with files scanned into XBMC's library: Adding videos to the library (wiki)

Even then, the TV will only play certain files that it can directly support, as XBMC doesn't do any transcoding.
Thankyou Ned.
I was somehow able to add music to the library so that the PVR was able to see the files.
It all just happened magically after I scanned the files as you said.
However, I was just not quite sure of what I did, as I have not been able to successfully replicate the process with Videos and Pictures.

Is the process similar for Pictures as well?

I am able to play/see Pictures, Videos and Movies in XBMC on the Mac, however they do not appear on the PVR.

I also find the scrapper thing all so confusing. Do I need to run a scrapper at all? Does running the scrapper activate the scan process?
I don't believe XBMC shares pictures over UPnP. XBMC's UPnP server abilities are fairly limited, since they're mostly intended to just share between instances of XBMC.

The scanning processes uses scrapers to find information for TV shows and Movies (summaries, cover art, etc). Just follow the instructions in the link Adding videos to the library (wiki).