Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MCEUSB remote strange issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have xbmcbuntu 12.04 with xvba installed ( thanks to wsnipex for pointing me towards this its best version I have tried and works great ). Anyway I have been struggling for a few days trying to get my remote working. I have the OVU4003 reciever and microsoft remote.

Anyway I tried everything. Followed guide after guild and nothing. I could get no response when running irw or even keytable test etc.

Tonight something strange happened. For some reason I switched the machine off without the ir plugged in and then plugged the ir in when it had booted and to my suprise it was working perfectly. So I started doing some testing. I found if I started the machine with the ir plugged in I got nothing. Plug the ir in after boot it works. If I however unplug it while its working and straight back in I get nothing.

Now during the last couple of days of reading every thread I could I remember I read about some guy who had almost the same issues as I am having here. I have tried to search for this thread again to see if there was a resolve to it but have been unable ( for the last 3 hours ) to find that thread again.

If anyone knows which thread it is or you know how to resolve this issue then please please advise.

Thanks