Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] The Verge Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Available Podcast
- On The Verge
- The Vergecast
- The Verge Mobile Show
- 90 Seconds on The Verge
- Top Shelf
- The Verge Book Club

How it works
The addon uses the RSS feeds provided by theverge.com.

How to use the addon
1. Install my repository
2. Download the addon
3. Start the addon
4. Choose a video
5. Enjoy

Known Issues
- No known issues

Changelog
- Added "Top Shelf"
- Added "The Verge Book Club"
- Fixed "90 Seconds on The Verge"

- Added "The Verge at CES 2013"
- Removed "Latest Videos"

- Added "On The Verge" Show Segments (Only 10 latest videos)
- Added "On The Verge" Show Interviews (Only 10 latest videos)

0.2.0:
- All "90 Seconds on The Verge" videos are available

0.1.1:
- Bug fix

0.1.0:
- Added "90 Seconds on The Verge" (Only 10 latest videos)
- Added "Latest Videos"

0.0.5:
- initial release

Download
Repository
Hi, I'm not sure why but I'm getting all 480x270 SD feeds when 720p is available for all these shows in my rss feed. Would it be possible to add the HD feeds to this addon or at least make it an option?

Also would it be possible to add videos from the site such as reviews and stuff? Thanks for working on this.
What RSS feeds are you using? I would love to add HD feeds.

Sometimes there are reviews in the "Latest Videos" category. Unfortunately I haven't found a way to generate direct links for the review videos.

A playable link looks like this (from a RSS feed):
http://ak.c.ooyala.com/85OHFlNToCnzIIGsd...OjBrO5dC5F

85OHFlNToCnzIIGsdCzGCCUtu0qjC9h2 -> This part can be found in the source code of the webpage. It's the called "embedCode".
DOcJ-FxaFrRg4gtGEwOmk2OjBrO5dC5F -> If you can find a way to generate this part of the URL, it wouldn't be very hard to scrape the review videos. The first part ("DocJ-") seems to be always the same.
Finally, I have been LOOKING FOR THIS!
Would it offend you if I place your repo in our FUSION INSTALLER at XBMC HUB?

This is now my favorite addon. Could you PM me if you are okay with that. If you would rather I not, I will respect your decision.

Great job.
Yes, you can place the repo in FUSION INSTALLER.
Great Addon! Is there any way you can add the Verge livestream events like CES "First!" videos running this week?
I added the CES videos but you can't watch them live.
Cool - thanks.
Works great on my Raspbmc machine. Thank you!!!
Top Shelf and The Verge Book Club are now available in the addon.

Does anyone know if HD RSS feeds are available?
Nice work. Anyway of having watched videos stay "ticked" after exiting and re-entering addon (using mysql incase that is issue)?
First of I love the Verge and I love this addon. Its how I get my weekly dose of the Vergecast. Two quick questions, On the Verge dose not seem to have been updated since the episode with Ashton Kutcher. Has anybody else experienced this? Second, with all the new show's the Verge is debuting is there any plans to add them to the add-on as well?

Thanks
I think that's the latest episode. Since the addon scrapes the iTunes RSS feed it only shows episodes that are available in iTunes. As long as the addon has the same content as iTunes it's not an error in the addon.

When the new shows are available on iTunes I'm going to add them to the addon. I don't follow the new releases very closely so if you see the new shows on iTunes it would be nice if you could post again in this thread. Thank you.