Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio Cuts Out - Mac OS X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have a Mac Mini connected to my TV by HDMI for video, and then from my Mac Mini to my receiver (LG HX806PH) by and Optical Audio Cable.

Every time I am watching a video on XBMC the audio drops after about 30 minutes for about 2 seconds, and continues to do so at random points.

I have tried watching it in VLC and it doesn't happen. I have pasted by debug log but have no clue what it means, quite new to this Huh

http://pastebin.com/DkFpECGM

Also I have searched posts to try and find a solution but have tried all the suggestions I have come across.

Thanks,
Guy
11:47:41 T:2963578880 ERROR: CCoreAudioRenderer::InitializePCM: Please go to Applications -> Utilities -> Audio MIDI Setup, and select 'Configure Speakers...'

you need to setup your speaker configuration. If it you still have problems after that - come again with a new logfile...
Hi, thanks for the reply I have just tried going into the Audio MIDI Setup but when I try to change the speakers to 5.1 the option is greyed out :S
You have set output to 8 channels on the first screen there?
No it seems like I can't change any of it from 2 out Huh

Select the HDMI output on the left and do it there. The builtin output is only 2 channel stereo.

Edit: Ohh i see you are using optical. Well then i'm out of a clue. Seems like this is an osx problem then that you can't specify more then 2 channels for your optical out. There is no 8 channel option in that "2ch - 24 Bit Integer" dropdownlist?
No there is just

2ch - 24 Bit Integer
2ch - 20 Bit Integer
2ch - 16 Bit Integer
2ch - 32 Bit Float
Encoded Digital Audio

But even when I choose HDMI i can't choose anything other than 2ch
Your tv can only output 2ch stereo, that's why only 2 channels are listed under HDMI.

Set you built-in output to Encoded Digital Audio, isn't this what you are looking for? It will bitstream dd/dts signal to your receiver which will then decode it. Last time i checked you cannot send multichannel pcm over optical, that's why you only see 2 channels.
Just tried changing it to Encoded Digital Audio but then the sound output changes to HDMI.

Tried changing it back to Built-in Output but wouldn't change so tried playing a video in XBMC to see what would happen.

The video seemed to stutter and message came up with "Failed to initialise audio device" so quit XBMC and the MIDI set up screen had changed the audio back to Built-in Audio and also changed it back from Encoded Digital Audio to 2ch - 24 Bit Confused