Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Copy "Watched" status to another machine?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi -

I run XBMC on two remotely located machines. I don't want to sync them in real time. I only want occasionally to copy the "Watched" status from one machine to the other. They run on separate hard disks and I sync the media files occasionally, but of course "Watched" status doesn't come along with the sync'd files.

Can I avoid setting up SQL and just use Applescript to copy one or more of the files in the XBMC database file from one machine to the other to bring the "watched" status across? Or is there a more complex relationship between the "Watched" status of a movie and the pointer to the movie that precludes me from doing this?

Thanks in advance....
If the sources are the same on both, you could just occasionally copy userdata (wiki)/databases/MyVideos60.db from one to the other.
(2012-06-29, 04:58)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]If the sources are the same on both, you could just occasionally copy userdata (wiki)/databases/MyVideos60.db from one to the other.

Yes, thank you. That was the info I was looking for. Tried it and it works. Now when I come home from an extended trip I can update the "watched" status with a single click. Great!

(2012-06-29, 05:54)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]There's an app for that:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=watched

And thanks for that. At this time it's a bit of a work in progress but I can definitely see the value in being able to export and import "watched" status, having had to do it manually after a library rebuild. That's no fun...