Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Shuttle XS35GT-V3 - fanless, AMD 7410m, ATOM D2700
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2012-07-06, 12:58)bobobobo51 Wrote: [ -> ]any program you want me to test with specifically?

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor...story.html

Just regular idle.... and when you are playing a 1080P video....

maybe some screen shots of it?
(2012-06-29, 04:16)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.shuttle.eu/products/slim/xs35.../overview/

Apparently now available, this would look to be amongst the best fanless ready made systems available, no?
I wouldn't call Atom the best.....

The best pre-built fanless is this "SILENT IVY BRIDGE BUILD"......and this "COMPULAB RELEASES INTENSE PC" is what I call among the best fanless......

You can find the rest of fanless mini-pc here- Fanless HTPC...............

(2012-07-06, 18:02)bluray Wrote: [ -> ]The best pre-built fanless is this "SILENT IVY BRIDGE BUILD"

Yea 950 euros, no thanks.
(2012-07-06, 18:05)lrusak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-06, 18:02)bluray Wrote: [ -> ]The best pre-built fanless is this "SILENT IVY BRIDGE BUILD"

If you want the best, it is not cheap........

He asked for "best", not "cheapest". For those of us who value having a fanless machine, it's well worth paying a premium for. That being said, I'm very happy with my Atom based machine.
(2012-07-06, 18:56)teaguecl Wrote: [ -> ]

He asked for "best", not "cheapest". For those of us who value having a fanless machine, it's well worth paying a premium for. That being said, I'm very happy with my Atom based machine.
+1.......it is best to stick w/ OP message....in this case, the magic word is "Best"....Nod

With the right GPU, Atom can make a nice and economical HTPC but it is definitely not the best........Big Grin

(2012-07-06, 21:45)bluray Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-06, 18:56)teaguecl Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-06, 18:05)lrusak Wrote: [ -> ]Yea 950 euros, no thanks.

+1.......it is best to stick w/ OP message....in this case, the magic word is "Best"....Nod

With the right GPU, Atom can make a nice and economical HTPC but it is definitely not the best........Big Grin

What does best refer to? best performance? best at being quiet? best at being cheaper?

I would not consider spending 950 euros to be the best option.
(2012-07-06, 21:59)lrusak Wrote: [ -> ]What does best refer to? best performance? best at being quiet? best at being cheaper?

I would not consider spending 950 euros to be the best option.
Irusak, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. "Best" is obviously determined by the individual - it is subjective by definition. 950 euros is very expensive, and that may very well knock it out of the "Best" category for many people. If we concede that you've "won" this argument, can we get back on topic? This line of discussion isn't very enlightening.
Well then don't compare this machine to other machines that have nothing to do with this thread.

This is about the Shuttle XS35GT-V3 and how it performs.

I'm now finished.
(2012-07-06, 22:21)lrusak Wrote: [ -> ]Well then don't compare this machine to other machines that have nothing to do with this thread.

I'm now finished.
If someone read OP "Apparently now available, this would look to be amongst the best fanless ready made systems available, no?" question and he listed the spec of XS35GT, one whould think that OP want to know if XS35GT is the best fanless pre-built PC in the market......

It's appropriate to say that XS35GT is not the best pre-built fanless PC when compares to the one in my link.....not to say that XS35GT is bad either.......Wink

(2012-07-06, 17:44)Beer40oz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-06, 12:58)bobobobo51 Wrote: [ -> ]any program you want me to test with specifically?

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor...story.html

Just regular idle.... and when you are playing a 1080P video....

maybe some screen shots of it?

Ill post some results in a couple days guys, whilst im at it, ill do some other benchmarks if you wish? any more requests?
Just from a physical observation, the machine gets a little warm (but definitely not hot) under high usage.

now on a side note, some people are commenting on other machines being the better, and more powerful option.
1) Firstly fully configured this machine cost me $400 Aussie dollars ($290 for the barebone), with blueray. in anyones books its good value
2) it certainly does the HTPC role VERY well IMHO (movies and web browsing), whilst keeping other considerations in check like power usage, heat, silence
Hello,

As this is one of my choices for a HTPC (the other one would be the Zotac ID80), I'd really be interested to know if you have/could tested it with XBMCbuntu? Or does any one else have tested it?
A second question, how would this work with 10bit (1080p) files (that would require a nightly build test I guess Windows/unbutu)? That's also another point that I'm very interested in.

If anyone has the answers to these question that would be awesome, really Smile

Thank you Smile
(2012-07-07, 00:35)bluray Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-06, 22:21)lrusak Wrote: [ -> ]Well then don't compare this machine to other machines that have nothing to do with this thread.

I'm now finished.
If someone read OP "Apparently now available, this would look to be amongst the best fanless ready made systems available, no?" question and he listed the spec of XS35GT, one whould think that OP want to know if XS35GT is the best fanless pre-built PC in the market......

It's appropriate to say that XS35GT is not the best pre-built fanless PC when compares to the one in my link.....not to say that XS35GT is bad either.......Wink

Actually my fanless A6 build kills this thing, I was really just posting it as an FYI to those looking for fanless systems & to start discussion on it. I'm ersonnaly not interested in Atom machines anymore...and also not yet convinced by Intel but I haven't actually tried it so that it hearsay. The A6 is very cheap and works a treat, so I am happy here...for a while!

And obviously, if price is not object, here are industrial fanless i7 + hardcore nvidia GPU machines out there, I really meant it looked to me to be amongst the best of the cheapish ready made options, that's all.
(2012-07-14, 07:49)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually my fanless A6 build kills this thing, I was really just posting it as an FYI to those looking for fanless systems & to start discussion on it. I'm ersonnaly not interested in Atom machines anymore...and also not yet convinced by Intel but I haven't actually tried it so that it hearsay. The A6 is very cheap and works a treat, so I am happy here...for a while!
Again....the magic word is pre-built (OP called it ready made)......as for your comment "A6 build kills this thing"....kill what thing? Is it better 1080P video or what? What thing?

(2012-07-14, 07:49)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]And obviously, if price is not object, here are industrial fanless i7 + hardcore nvidia GPU machines out there, I really meant it looked to me to be amongst the best of the cheapish ready made options, that's all.
Where is the link to "industrial fanless i7 + hardcore nvidia GPU"? If someone need a discrete GPU in i7 HTPC to playback blu-ray 1080P video/bitstreaming HD audio fluently, they are not configuring it right......if it is for gaming, discrete GPU make sense....

I *am* the OP so I know what I meant.

The A6 kills it in the sense of total performance - CPU passmark of 2000+ versus 800ish I think. That's all I meant. From a video perspective, much the same, but for the xbmc gui the A6 will kill it in comparison. I'm no expert but I have played with a few atoms and they are invariably sluggish. The A6 most certainly isn't.

Sure you can CPU render with an i7 (or even an i3) but there are many who don't consider intel up for the job 24p wise, but I've never tried them so I have no idea really, just going on the negative hearsay there. But really those are a different class of machine to little atom boxes, or even simple A6 builds for that matter.

Anyway, I don't really care, I am happy with my A6 and my older Shuttle as my secondary machine running a 720p tv.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8