Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Local Streaming Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Folks, I've got XBMC running on a Linux Xbox and love it, quickly has become my HTPC for my entire home.
There is only one small issue I've had with the software. I stream a lot of content to other machines and devices
(PCs, Tablets, Xbox, etc) in my home. It all works flawlessly with the exception of streaming music playists
to my Xbox 360.

When I attempt to read playists from my XBMC Install on my Xbox, it doesn't read the list. Rather, I see a list of my entire
Mp3 Library, and not the few songs I had in that playlist. It does stream the music flawlessly, it just doesn't read
the playlists right. I've created Playlists in XBMC and imported playists in (from .m3u or ..pls files) both read fine
on the local device, and on remote connected PCs, but not on my Tablet, Phone or Xbox (the Tablet & Phone run Android).

I'm running XBMC updated to the latest stable release (11), on a Ubuntu Server 12.04 x64bit install. I've used the standard
methods to try and find someone with this issue to no avail. Has anyone here had a similar problem? I'd really appreciate
any help. Beyond that one minor bug, XBMC is working amazingly well as my HTPC and Streaming Media server.