Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Bass Sound Quality in Music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am out putting to HDMI, when playing movie, the sound and bass is great.

But when playing music, the bass seems lacking. I have tried foobar/youtube and the sound quality especially the bass is far better.

Have anyone notice this and know how to fix it?
What equipment are you using?

Setting XBMC to stereo will be a good start.
Intel I3, with Intel chipset outputing HDMI to a 5.1 Onkyo TX-NR3009 receiver with PMC FB1i front speakers.

I have set "Output all speaker to stereo", the bass is much louder, but maybe too much now.

The receiver get a "Multichannel" output, but I am afraid some video may not output properly to get the 5.1 audio... will wait a few day of testing.
make sure you are using 2.1 with a subwoofer for stereo, not 2.0. otherwise you will hear a difference from movies in 5.1. the setting should be in the reciever
(2012-07-03, 01:44)jadeboy Wrote: [ -> ]Intel I3, with Intel chipset outputing HDMI to a 5.1 Onkyo TX-NR3009 receiver with PMC FB1i front speakers.

I have set "Output all speaker to stereo", the bass is much louder, but maybe too much now.

The receiver get a "Multichannel" output, but I am afraid some video may not output properly to get the 5.1 audio... will wait a few day of testing.

Did you ever find a reason for this? I've posted the same question and had no responses.