Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Internet streamed content stutters + no audio (latest nightly 01-Jul-2012)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I can't get any streamed video working. Everything just stutters and no audio works ever.
I've tried several different addons and all video streams are the same.

LOG

I've tried with crystalhd on or off. No difference. Local media works just fine

If it's just this or a couple of nightlies with this problem I would appreciate if someone points me to a nightly build that works Smile

EDIT Just downloaded the nightly from today, 02 july. Still the same problem.

Then I changed the speaker configuration from 4.0 (which is correct) to 2.0..... and streamed video works.

My setup is optical connection and 4 speakers though so I request a fix for this Smile

thanks
You request a fix for this? *laughs* ... cool Smile

Well please go into "Audio-Midi-Setup "and configure your speakers so that they match your setup in XBMC. Then try again. If this still doesn't work - post a screenshot of your speakersetup from "Audio-Midi-Setup" and a new xbmc.log with debugging turned on.
Yeah that truly is hilarious *laughs*

All options except stereo are greyed out. Can't do any changes. Googled for solutions but found nothing except that I should install perian which I already have.

As I said multichannel works when playing local files with the speaker configuration 4.0 in xbmc but not streamed content.
Did you set the number of channels to 8 in the window which is under the speaker config in your screenshot?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe in this configuration, if your receiver does not handle multichannel PCM, that setting it to two channels actually is the correct thing to do.

DD and DTS will still passthrough (giving you 5.1 channels for those formats) and all other formats will come through as stereo.
(2012-07-02, 18:46)jingai Wrote: [ -> ]DD and DTS will still passthrough (giving you 5.1 channels for those formats) and all other formats will come through as stereo.
It has worked the way you described with previous xbmc versions I've tried. Never fiddled with Audio-Midi-Setup before.
Is it wrong to set 4.0 in xbmc settings then? Shall I set it to 2.0 even though I have four speakers connected to my reciever?
DD and DTS passthrough as usual, it's just streamed videos that stopped working.

Memphiz
i can't find any option to change the cannels to 8
(2012-07-02, 19:52)nozomi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-02, 18:46)jingai Wrote: [ -> ]DD and DTS will still passthrough (giving you 5.1 channels for those formats) and all other formats will come through as stereo.
It has worked the way you described with previous xbmc versions I've tried. Never fiddled with Audio-Midi-Setup before.
Is it wrong to set 4.0 in xbmc settings then? Shall I set it to 2.0 even though I have four speakers connected to my reciever?
DD and DTS passthrough as usual, it's just streamed videos that stopped working.

It did work in Eden and before that for me too, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was "correct." Since you can't get more than 2 channel PCM over optical, I just assumed that setting it to 2ch was the correct configuration. From XBMC's point of view, you actually do only have two speakers, because your receiver will only accept 2 channels of audio or bitstream formats.

To be honest, XBMC should probably ignore the setting entirely if Optical/Coax is selected and the user chooses more than 2 channels. It's just going to produce stuttering audio otherwise. I have a feeling this is probably what Eden did actually, while Frodo with the new Audio Engine is obeying the user no matter what.

And FYI, you shouldn't need to mess with the Audio MIDI Setup application unless you have HDMI audio. Even then I'd assume it probably gets it right by default, but I don't know for certain.
@nozomi, you can't find the option to change it to 8 because your receiver cannot accept 8 PCM channels over optical.
alrighty then

thanks