Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nightly July 02 guisettings.xml settings not saved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just upgraded from 'Take 3' to the latest nightly and noticed that my gui settings had changed after starting XBMC. My 'TV' and 'Movie' categories were now hidden and there was noticeable overscan.

Upon making my configuration adjustments I've noticed that the overscan settings don't stick. Every time XBMC is restarted the overscan settings in guisettings.xml are reset to 0 and 0 but the rest of the items HomeMenuNoMoviesButton remain fixed. There are no errors in the logs.

I've looked through github and see no changes recently that should affect this setting.

Would anyone happen to know what the fix for this would be?

Thanks!
It's a platform independent problem. My fix was to set my Samsung LCD TV to "Just Scan" instead of "16-9" and no more overscan adjustments necessary.

Try to find something similar on your TV if you can. If not, you'll have to wait for a fix to be put in mainline.
Try deleting guisettings.xml completely and let XBMC recreate it. I think I recall something about that being an issue. Of course, something that will eventually be fixed, but if you want to be on the bleeding edge, it should get you going.
That's how I started Ned. Didn't help
Check filesystem permissions in the userdata folder.
That wasn't it for me Memph. Everything in guisettings.xml gets written correctly, including screen settings. It's just that screen settings get overwritten on startup. NFI where they're being overwritten from though.
+1 on the video calibration settings for me. I haven't done a huge amount of testing, however most common settings seem to stick, other than the overscan.

I too have confirmed its not file permissions, tried deleting guisettings.xml and reverting to the original... no joy.

Just in case, logs of:
boot, screen calibration then reboot can be found here.
post boot (including revert) can be found here.

Thanks guys.
I can confirm that this is also a problem on Windows and OSX and doesn't seem to be related to permissions.
Thanks for all the responses. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this issue. I had only upgraded to the nightly build to due a libnfs crash that kept occurring that was reportedly fixed post-eden.

Cheers guys,
M
As@maruchan metions, this problem occurs not only on ATV2.

FernetMenta has fixed this issue on his XBMC branch and I have ported it to work on XBMC head (see this patch). The issue came up in testing of Frodo on OpenELEC.
vicbitter: has the patch been submitted as a pull request? Would be great to have this fixed.
(2012-07-03, 20:11)maruchan Wrote: [ -> ]vicbitter: has the patch been submitted as a pull request? Would be great to have this fixed.

I am not sure... It is probably a question for FernetMenta on how his code is merged back into XBMC head?

We apply it as a separate patch in the OpenELEC builds of Frodo as everything is compiled from source.

Any news regarding this?

Thanks,
Dolfren
Bump and subscribe. Hoping for a resolution on this resolution issue Wink
Or, instead of waiting for news, you could check to see if there is a trac ticket (or better a github PR) for this patch.
don't be lazy, get active Smile

http://pastebin.com/bgdyMQVd
Pages: 1 2 3