Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help can't create a custom menu button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I assambled an HTPC and just installed XBMC, it's great and works awesome (except for hi10 videos)
but that's not the point...( I know it's something that will work in release 12)

I already made a library for my movies it's just great... here some screenshots:
when i click Movies, it goes to my movies library:

It looks awesome, anyways...
The problem is that previously I succeded on creating a custom menu entry that links to a folder with my anime series (by adding it as a favorite)
but now, I am almost pretty sure that i am doing the same but I am not getting the same result, what I want is that when I click on my Anime Custom Favorite menu button
it redirects me to my anime folder (of videos, not added to library because anime scrappers are not good)

just like that (this shows up when I go directly to Videos --> files ---> Anime (E:/anime)
but if I click on my custom button that it's supposed to redirect me there, what shows up is just this

Confused

I don;t know what can I do to success

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz303...hot000.png

this last image show the configuration I have in the skin settings for the button
Set Favorite link looks wrong.

My link to videos says:
ActivateWindow(10025,"sources://video",return)

Did you make the favorite via "file manager" instead of videos->files->anime?
The folder probably already needs to be listed as source (with content type "none") in videos and not just a random folder on your pc.
(2012-07-03, 14:16)MassIV Wrote: [ -> ]Set Favorite link looks wrong.

My link to videos says:
ActivateWindow(10025,"sources://video",return)

Did you make the favorite via "file manager" instead of videos->files->anime?
The folder probably already needs to be listed as source (with content type "none") in videos and not just a random folder on your pc.

Hi, sorry I am little bit noob in the usage of XBMC, how can I list the folder as source in videos? (and I don't want to mix my movies with my anime series)
Thanks a lot for your help Big Grin
please I am still waiting for a solution, it worked like that in the previous version of xbmc (isn't something about the skin) I already tried the same on a diferent one, so please help me out :S
Seems i was not completely correct. I was only able to add 1 folder to my favorites (unless using a server).
And that folder was the one i had added... (thus i thought it could be done with all of them)

Go into Videos, stand on your "files" folder and press "c" and select add to favorites. Add this favorite to your homescreen.
Why is this different from having videos? It's not. Well almost.
You can give it a different name (anime) and you hide the sub menu that videos has (if you care about that).
Or maybe your skin can do all that.

Then there is this way:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126805

Or actually changing the skin.
Or scraping it into your library and then adding. But then they also show up in the rest of the library.
Or using a playlist (this seems to be the way to go).
You could read this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125614
OK, hi again... first of all thanks a lot for helping me out... here is my progress
I already made a playlist the list my anime series, but the scrapper doesn't recognize my episodes...
why could that be? just some of my series and some of the episodes, I don't really know why, please tell me if I can do something about it manually or something, please Smile

Here I leave some screenshots:

It's an advance, but it no one of my anime series display their episodes, i think it could be something about the filenames or something...
or I could do it manually if there's no other way, but please help me a little bit about that, thanks Big Grin

[NOTE: the first one (Katekyo Hitman REBORN!) detected me just 99 episodes of 203 it has in total]
[PS: I am using the AniDB.net scrapper]
Eeh well...
I would start by checking the file names in your folder with the ones in the episode list on the site.
Looks like they don't use seasons and if it scanned some files it means the folder is ok.
Looking at the episode names on the site i see some characters that could be invalid like the question marks for example.
You could see if the ones that didn't scan had the question marks ect.

But they are supposed to show up based on episode number so that is weird.
1 What!? I`m the 10th Generation Mafia Boss?

For manual adding you can use these special characters as followed:
Go to Videos > Files > Your Anime Folder > Katekyo Hitman REBORN >
Then stand on file 1 and press " i " > press refresh > It will scan, Give you some possible choices or find nothing again and then you can manually type the episode name with special symbols.

If you cant figure out the problem with the names, plz post a name that works and one that doesn't.
Oh and are there files that don't show up at all?
worked, finally thank you very much Big Grin
Just found out about this bug in using folders as favorites.
So it is possible with a small manual fix:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid946601