Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Remote Control Right Click
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi was wondering if anyone could help me.

With my particular remote control, it has a button on to act as a mouse where I can move the mouse, left click, and right click. Above this, I have an 'i' button for information, but for some reason when i press this button, it right clicks just like the right click button. I have been trying to do my own keymaps to map this button to Info, but it only works when I enable mouse or touchscreen support which I don't want. Is there a way for me to make this button act as a keyboard key rather than the right click so I can therefore map it properly without mouse or touchscreen support?

It's rather annoying having the mouse appear everytime I press the Info button on my remote control.

Regards

Phynicen
You might be able to use Eventghost to remap that "i" button.
I bet you have a VRC-1100 (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Contr...s#VRC-1100). I use one myself and it's a nice remote apart from the stupid idea of making the i button send a right mouse click. Anyhow, you've obviously worked out how to remap mouse actions. However if you disable the mouse support this remapping isn't going to work. Is it such a big deal to leave the mouse enabled?
(2012-07-03, 19:45)jhsrennie Wrote: [ -> ]I bet you have a VRC-1100 (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Contr...s#VRC-1100). I use one myself and it's a nice remote apart from the stupid idea of making the i button send a right mouse click. Anyhow, you've obviously worked out how to remap mouse actions. However if you disable the mouse support this remapping isn't going to work. Is it such a big deal to leave the mouse enabled?

That is exactly the remote I have and the web page you linked is rather useful. Thank you for your reply. I am going to try and change it using event ghost. It isn't absolutely necessary, but I'd prefer to not have mouse and touchscreen support turned on. I've had my fair share of accidental presses when it's been turned on, and I do not use a mouse at all apart from the mouse on the remote.
Hi, on my TV remote Samsung, used through HDMI CEC code with pulse-eight connected and own needed modules running fine, i never find how to provide a king of right click.
It seems to be possible, but how ? I read the link but that not helped me more (i just undersatnd that i may have to add a configuration inside an xml file...).