Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New wiki page for posting and requesting new versions of librtmp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since a lot of people often come to the forums asking for a new version of librtmp compiled for their OS (most often so a given add-on can work again), we decided to make a page on the wiki where we can list existing builds, as well as people who are willing to do builds upon request. Not much is filled out on the page yet, but soon it should be the go-to-place for new versions of librtmp for XBMC:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=librtmp

Feel free to add information as needed. Anyone can edit the wiki, just make an account and reply to the e-mail confirmation. Feel free to ask me any questions if anyone needs any help with wiki editing (this page or any other), or if you are not comfortable adding information directly, feel free to just post about it here.

In addition to links, we are, of course, looking for people willing to do builds of librtmp for various OSes.
Here's one I compiled back in December for atv2 that works for jtv and weeb.tv.
http://www.mediafire.com/?q8lswzg307ucfud

The ones by HansMayer here are probably more recent.
http://supercloudtv.com/librtmp.html
Awesome. Any way to find out a version number or build date for the HansMayer ones, by any chance?
Ooh, good idea! I'll be watching that page, thanks!
Somebody pointed me to this thread so i am here just to clarify few things.

HansMayer haven't written any patch or compiled anything. he was just providing different compiled versions gathered from different sources at single place. windows binaries were directly copied from my builds.

svnpenn also created mirror of rtmpdump which contained a separate branch for my patches but it has been deleted since then, now leaving it just as a mirror of official repository. my latest windows builds including sources are available only at my github repository.

if someone wanna compile latest unofficial builds for other systems then instructions are provided in this thread. also 2.5 branch is tested only on x86 systems and may not work with other systems. you can use 2.4 in that case. only difference between them is support of RTMPE Handshake 10.

@newatv2user

Weeb.tv patch was also written by me and included in my repository along with many other patches.
Thanks for all you work, KSV!
why you give this changes not back to the main rtmpdump and is it right that one dependencies is polarssl 1.1.1.

Regards Jan
Thanks for the patches ksv.
Thanks for everything KSV and making your way here!

Are you currently using github for your source control, other than the zipped downloads you provide?

I'm wondering if a build-bot could be setup to compile against your source for the various OS's.. ?
(2012-07-06, 13:10)_KSV_ Wrote: [ -> ]Somebody pointed me to this thread so i am here just to clarify few things.

HansMayer haven't written any patch or compiled anything. he was just providing different compiled versions gathered from different sources at single place. windows binaries were directly copied from my builds.

svnpenn also created mirror of rtmpdump which contained a separate branch for my patches but it has been deleted since then, now leaving it just as a mirror of official repository. my latest windows builds including sources are available only at my github repository.

if someone wanna compile latest unofficial builds for other systems then instructions are provided in this thread. also 2.5 branch is tested only on x86 systems and may not work with other systems. you can use 2.4 in that case. only difference between them is support of RTMPE Handshake 10.

@newatv2user

Weeb.tv patch was also written by me and included in my repository along with many other patches.

Thanks for the info (and for the patches/builds). Will update the wiki accordingly.
(2012-07-06, 14:27)jeanwilly Wrote: [ -> ]why you give this changes not back to the main rtmpdump and is it right that one dependencies is polarssl 1.1.1.
Believe me, posting patches to mailing list doesn't make much difference. nobody cares to review them or commit them. Also i use latest PolarSSL for compiling my binaries but you can also use OpenSSL or GNU TLS.

(2012-07-06, 18:11)Eldorado Wrote: [ -> ]Are you currently using github for your source control, other than the zipped downloads you provide?

I'm wondering if a build-bot could be setup to compile against your source for the various OS's.. ?

No, i am not using github for rtmpdump source control but i use fixed names for my package uploads so you can pull them directly.
Is anyone able to help with a little how to on compiling for iOS?

I've been following this guide - http://www.davideccher.com/blog/wordpres...p-for-ios/

I'm also trying to do this on Windows 7 using cygwin, I've download pre-compiled openssl for ios packages, but failing at the step where trying to compile rtmpdump

Code:
$ make SYS=darwin
gcc -Wall   -DRTMPDUMP_VERSION=\"v2.4\" -DUSE_OPENSSL  -O2 -fPIC   -c -o rtmp.o          rtmp.c
rtmp.c:1:0: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all code is position independent)
rtmp.c: In function ‘HandleInvoke’:
rtmp.c:2842:15: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘MD5’
gcc -Wall   -DRTMPDUMP_VERSION=\"v2.4\" -DUSE_OPENSSL  -O2 -fPIC   -c -o log.o l         og.c
log.c:1:0: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all code is position independent)
gcc -Wall   -DRTMPDUMP_VERSION=\"v2.4\" -DUSE_OPENSSL  -O2 -fPIC   -c -o amf.o a         mf.c
amf.c:1:0: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all code is position independent)
In file included from amf.c:33:0:
bytes.h:74:2: warning: #warning "Float word order not defined, assuming the same          as byte order!"
gcc -Wall   -DRTMPDUMP_VERSION=\"v2.4\" -DUSE_OPENSSL  -O2 -fPIC   -c -o hashswf         .o hashswf.c
hashswf.c:1:0: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all code is position independe         nt)
hashswf.c: In function ‘make_unix_time’:
hashswf.c:396:7: warning: array subscript has type ‘char’
gcc -Wall   -DRTMPDUMP_VERSION=\"v2.4\" -DUSE_OPENSSL  -O2 -fPIC   -c -o parseur         l.o parseurl.c
parseurl.c:1:0: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all code is position independ         ent)
ar rs librtmp.a rtmp.o log.o amf.o hashswf.o parseurl.o
ar: creating librtmp.a
gcc -dynamiclib -twolevel_namespace -undefined dynamic_lookup  -fno-common -head         erpad_max_install_names -install_name /usr/local/lib/librtmp.0.dylib  -o librtmp         .0.dylib rtmp.o log.o amf.o hashswf.o parseurl.o  -lssl -lcrypto -lz
gcc: dynamic_lookup: No such file or directory
gcc: /usr/local/lib/librtmp.0.dylib: No such file or directory
gcc: unrecognized option '-twolevel_namespace'
gcc: unrecognized option '-headerpad_max_install_names'
Makefile:90: recipe for target `librtmp.0.dylib' failed
make: *** [librtmp.0.dylib] Error 1
I'm still trying to tackle this one, I've now decided to load up a VM with OSX Lion 10.7.3 and installed XCode 4.3

Unfortunately still not having much luck..
I am not sure if anyone is interested but I am building librtmp from the git repo and I am hosting it on launchpad as a ppa. This was started by me for my apple tv xbmc build. Others are more than welcome to use it.

https://launchpad.net/~krosswindz/+archive/xbmc-atv
Very nice, thanks!

Can you throw any tips my way on compiling for ios?

I have an OSX 10.7.3 VM up and running, installed XCode 4.3, I successfully compiled rtmpdump but am not getting a librtmp.0.dylib out of it

Commands I've tried using:

make sys=darwin

sude make sys=posix
Maybe this should give you some idea.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...p/Makefile

I used to just replace the rtmpdump source files in the xbmc build directory and build it there. That was easier for me.
Pages: 1 2