Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nightlies Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've noticed that the screen configuration doesn't seem to save on the latest nightly. Each time I boot in I have to modify the screen so that is is correctly framed.

I also noticed I wasn't getting sound when using AirPlay from iPad.
This is a known issue and I posted about it HERE but I'm not certain if any of the devs have looked at the issue.. There is a posted patch from OpenElec but I can't get the build environment to compile (always fails on making cmake) under OSX 10.7 and XCode 4.3 so I can't patch it and post a new version.

hi. After commit 9bac5379ca (Memphiz/norateadjustwhileplayback) refresh rate not change back when the video stopped. Same result with setting always and on start/stop.
If i revert the changes on application.cpp only, it works as it should.
which platform? Without the changes in application.cpp try the following:

1.play a movie in fullscreen
2.hit tab to bring the menu in front
3.stop playback (while the meu is visible)

Wen having the setting on start/stop it would leave you with 24Hz after playback.

But obviously something is broken with that patch. I've already read others reporting the same. Just a little patience. Will fix it asap.
it's windows, sorry wrong thread. I tried that you said.

start/stop:
When playback is stopped the refresh rate not change back while the menu is visible or not.
If i start a new video with different fps, the refresh rate is adjusted, but never go back to desktop refresh.

always:
The refresh is change back only, when bring up the menu, but not when stop playback in fullscreen.
wrong section then ... moved you to the windows section and will have a look asap.
I found another problem with movie scrapers. If the username contains accented characters, the movie scrapers not working. I tryed it on windows 7 and windows 8.
With user name "Zoltan" works fine, but i get "Unable to connect to server" error with user name "Zoltán". Same issue with ThemovieDB, imdb and port.hu scrapers.
Series scrapers are not affected with this issue.

DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for 'Pszichoszingli' using IMDb scraper (path: 'C:\Users\Zoltán\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.imdb.com', content: 'movies', version: '2.5.3')
WARNING: failed to load scraper XML

here is the full debug log: http://pastebin.com/ftT84x3D
Don't pollute this thread with something unrelated. Make a new thread (int the windows section of course!) with seperated problems. I'm discussing the refreshrate changing only here because its related to code i have changed. Your other issues needs to be looked into by a windows dev.
I can't reproduce the problem that it doesn't go back to the desktop refreshrate when playback is stopped. I've tried both options (always and start/stop) and both behave like they should for me - running current mainline code on windows 7. So what am i doing wrong here?

I have tried:

1. Mode Always
a. Start playback - it goes to fullscreen and switches from 60 to 75hz for 25fps media
b. Hit tab - it brings the menu into front and switches from 75 to 60hz
c. Tab again - it goes to fullscreen playback and switches from 60 to 75 Hz
d. Stop playback - it switches to the menu and goes from 75 to 60Hz
e. Let the movie play until end instead -> it switches to the menu and goes from 75 to 60 Hz

2. Mode Start/Stop
a. Start playback - it goes to fullscreen and switches from 60 to 75Hz
b. Hit tab - it brings the menu into front and stays on 75Hz
c. Stop playback while having the menu in forground - it stops the movie and switches from 75 to 60Hz
d. doing a and b again - and hitting tab -> switch to fullscreen playback staying at 75Hz
e. stop playback -> it switches to the menu and goes from 75 to 60Hz

So thats how i wanted it to be and thats how it is here.
That said - i need a xbmc.log with debugging turned on when you start and stop a movie.
I started the video, screen resolution is changed to 24hz, and press stop in fullscreen. The refreshrate is stay at 24hz.
debug log: http://pastebin.com/8KYEyaeY

NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : 1920x1080 @ 23.98 - Full Screen (52) (weight: 0.000) <-- it ok.
DEBUG: CWinSystemWin32::SetFullScreen (true fullscreen) on screen 0 with size 1920x1080, refresh 59.940056 <-- not ok at stop.

oh, i noticed that is working with fake fullscreen, but not in true fullscreen
debug log with windowed fullscreen: http://pastebin.com/30NdMiH6
works ok in this mode.
Based on the logfile printouts it looks correct for both (fake fullscreen and normal fullscreen). So it looks like i have tested it in fakefullscreen then. Have to try it with normal again and see why it doesn't switch.

@lash78 are you sure that it worked before my changes with normal fullscreen? Because its really strange that my changes should have broken it, since they are high level and the problem seems to be much deeper.
(2012-08-14, 14:41)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]@lash78 are you sure that it worked before my changes with normal fullscreen?
I always use true fullscreen, and i'm sure, i tryed revert those commits only, and it worked.
If i comment out the two added lines in application.cpp "g_graphicsContext.SetFullScreenVideo(false);" the refresh rate is change back on stop normally.

Could you change these to:

CSingleLock lock (g_graphicsContext);
g_graphicsContext.SetFullScreenVideo(false);
lock.Leave();

and test please?
Pages: 1 2