Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: compiling opdenkamp's tvheadend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the size of the latest compiled tvheadend executable from opdenkamp's git is 2017975 bytes.
the web interface of this release does not work. streaming works ok.
configured with --release.

my previous tvheadend (from may/june) is 3257471 bytes and works ok.

can any of you check whether your latest opdenkamp tvheadend (/usr/bin/tvheadend) is also 2017975 bytes? (which is significantly smaller than the previous version)

kind regards!
Make an additional "make build.linux/tvheadend.bundle" after the original make... your current (smaller) binary lacks the static web files...
Thanks mikrohard, that did the trick!
well....
sorry to bother you guys with this again, but...

i've deleted my complete tvheadend build folder, and did a git pull from the new tvheadend repo.

./configure --release
make
make build.linux/tvheadend.bundle

make: *** No rule to make target `build.linux/tvheadend.bundle'. Stop.

there is no tvheadend.bundle....
so.. i'm stuck again..
all help is appreciated!

ps.
i;ve got a 64-bit server 10.04 LTS server
To do it from the latest Git:

pull the code
./configure
make
./Autobuild.sh -t precise-amd64

Then if you look in the directory above your local git repo, you'll find the .deb file to be installed with:

sudo dpkg -i <filename>

And you should be done.
when i do :

./configure --disable-zlib
make
./Autobuild.sh -t precise-amd64

i get this:

ERROR: Zlib development support not found (use --disable-zlib)
dh_auto_configure: ./configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --includedir=${prefix}/include --mandir=${prefix}/share/man --infodir=${prefix}/share/info --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --libexecdir=${prefix}/lib/tvheadend --disable-maintainer-mode --disable-dependency-tracking --enable-avahi --enable-zlib returned exit code 1

it seems that zlib is not disabled properly?
any clue anyone?
Autobuild runs configure again. Edit debian/rules to set your configuration parameters.
@nishioyelle

bitrate options?
the attachments dot not work.
could you please explain?
@basco, yeah this was a mistake in the deb packaging I had forced avahi and zlib on, which I have now removed.

Adam
@Adam,

Great, i see that tvh now builds ok!
Thank you.