Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC AFP Connectivity Issues (via Netatalk 2.2.2-1 on Debian Squeeze)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running netatalk 2.2.2-1 on a debian squeeze, and it works flawlessly in OSX for file sharing and Time Machine, but when I try to add it in XBMC, it cannot connect.
Code:
ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting afp://xbmc:[email protected]/Media/
ERROR: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(afp://xbmc:[email protected]/Media/) failed
ERROR: LIBAFPCLIENT: I have no idea what this is a reply to, id 7.

Copy/Paste of the same string, "afp://xbmc:[email protected]/Media/" into OSX's connect to server mounts with no issues. I would note that the LIBAFPCLIENT error is not always present. In fact, of about 20 tries to connect, it occurred twice with varying 'id'.

Any idea what is going on? Is this a netatalk issue? I had used SMB previously on a Linux Mint box that worked well with XBMC, but as I use exclusively Mac's (spare this file server server), I liked the idea of keeping it all in AFP through netatalk.
forget about it.
1. Known issue
2. 50% of users have similar problems
3. Nothing we can do about it because the developer of the used afp lib has abandoned the project
4. We try to find a replacement
5. If you have this problem - use another protocol (nfs?)
(2012-07-14, 10:27)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]forget about it.
1. Known issue
2. 50% of users have similar problems
3. Nothing we can do about it because the developer of the used afp lib has abandoned the project
4. We try to find a replacement
5. If you have this problem - use another protocol (nfs?)

Incredibly unfortunate, but completely understandable. I suppose I will just set up samba, with avahi advertising disabled, with just access to my media shares for XBMC. Thanks for your help!