Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Karaoke - embedded lyrics?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I'm new to XBMC and I'm using since yesterday a Windows Eden pvr-enabled build (taken from here http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg...build.html compiled by magro, tagged as v3 and dated 10-06-2012, it's Eden v.11). Really lovable, in junction with a VU+ plugin it allows to watch all the tv from the box in the living room from any other room Smile

But let's get back in topic, I have a question about Karaoke included feature.
I'd like it to use embedded lyrics of my songs, because I always used a software called Minilyrics by Crintsoft that allows almost every player to have a floating on-the-fly click-through osd with karaoke lyrics downloaded from the network. One of the feature I like of it is that it can also save synchronized (.lrc) lyrics in the files' tag and read it again when loaded, so it can be loaded on the phone and on all the external players that have this implemented. That's why I have always disabled the plain .lrc files save mechanism in a directory and left active only the save on the file itself. I would like now to have them read by Xbmc. I've tried the two lyrics plugins in the repositories but they are rarely finding a right lyrics and what I dislike the most is the osd. One of them two is also having a setting that allows you to choose embedded lyrics source, but it doesn't work. I'd like it integrated, as a real karaoke feature that is included in XBMC (I saw a photo somewhere of how it works). Is there some change/trick to have it working, it's just not implemented? If it's not in, will it be in the future?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.