Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SOLVED - Can't boot into XBMC (XBMCbuntu Eden)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi xbmc'ers,

just built an HTPC for my family and decided to go with XBMCbuntu Eden because it boots straight into XBMC (no hassle with OS and stuff for them).

It all worked fine, had to login to lubuntu and transfer some files etc and now it just boots into lubuntu. Iv'e read a similar thread but they didn't solve it. The guy was told to login into XBMC in the loginscreen and next time it will boot correctly.

Well..

I cant login to XBMC, i try with xbmc/xbmc or xbmc/nopass and all i get is "incorrect password, try again". What do i do wrong?

/Chris
log out of xbmcBuntu and change the session to XBMC and log in
(2012-07-14, 12:57)isamu.dragon Wrote: [ -> ]log out of xbmcBuntu and change the session to XBMC and log in

Yes i have tried, but just to be superclear because im a little bit retarded Tongue

Logout > loginscreen:

What do i choose here? My username or "other".

Depending on that do i login with xbmc/xbmc?

Thanks!

Username: Enter the username you picked during installation (should be pre-filled)
Password: Enter the password you picked during installation
Drop-down list: Select xbmc instead of the displayed xbmcbuntu
Click Log-in button.
(2012-07-14, 18:45)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]Username: Enter the username you picked during installation (should be pre-filled)
Password: Enter the password you picked during installation
Drop-down list: Select xbmc instead of the displayed xbmcbuntu
Click Log-in button.

Thank you Smile I must be stupid, took me 48h to realize that i have been writing the wrong password all along Blush
Tip: A another way of remembering or handling Pwords is by "Personality" That is, you mentally link a pword set to what you are wanting to do. Some examples...

Your Shopping Set
Your Linux Set
Your Administrator Set (crucial)
Your Forums Set
Your Emails Set
etc.

That's the way I do it to keep track. Smile
(2012-07-14, 21:45)Bunto Skiffler Wrote: [ -> ]Tip: A another way of remembering or handling Pwords is by "Personality" That is, you mentally link a pword set to what you are wanting to do. Some examples...

Your Shopping Set
Your Linux Set
Your Administrator Set (crucial)
Your Forums Set
Your Emails Set
etc.

That's the way I do it to keep track. Smile

Yes i have a great system but this one is a build for my family, for some reason i took one for them to remember and thought all along that i had taken the usual one. But nope :/