Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [solved] Folder Poster Art not displayed anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Edit: Well the old trick still works. Deleted the source, cleaned up library and re-added the source and then it worked. Strange

Hi,

I had to re-install my HTPC and after installing XBMC I set up my sources again. But even though I set up the scrapper and everything like before it doesn't seem to show the thumbnails on the folders anymore. The poster or fanart seems to get downloaded but is only shown on the individual movie file and not on the folder. For some movies it works, for 99% it doesn't. And before the re-install I had poster art on all folders.

My Setup is as follows. I've mapped the Samba share to a network drive Z:
On the z: in the root are all the movies in seperate folders. For example:
Z:/animatrix/animatrix.mkv

My source points directly to z:.
Content is set to Movies, Movies are in seperate folders that match the movie title is checked as well as Scan recursively. Run automated scan always seems to be unchecked but I have set in the options that the library should update on startup.

Oh I am NOT using Library Mode btw but File Mode. Library Mode never worked for me and in the past 8 years I never figured out how to get it to work. In Library Mode like only half of my movies are displayed, often with wrong images or wrong name. I did all the tutorial, read all the wikis, never got it to work. Even tried external programms like theRenamer, XWMM and so on, doesn't work period. One of the great mysteries that never get solved. But I am fine with file mode, I just want to have my thumbnails on the folders left.

I even exported my library to seperate files. Now I have no idea why it works for some and not for others.

Here are two fotos I made:
As you can see it does work for Animatrix for some reason, but not for Alice. When I go into the Alice Folder though:
The poster is displayed instead of the usual thumbnail!

Now when I look at those two folders, Animatrix got a .nfo a fanart.jpg and a .tbn file and the same goes for the Alice folder. So why does it work for Animatrix but not for Alice?