Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ubuntu Minimal or XMBCubuntu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had a minimal ubuntu install for quite awhile, which managed to get me to dharma, but going to eden is proving troublesome.

Is there any benefits over having a minimal install on an ion board with eden installed on top or should I just go with the xbmc ubuntu/live usb instal option and be done with it?

This is a set top box that I don't do anything other than xbmc with

cheers and thanks!

btw frankly i can't recall why i went with minmal in the first place other than I had some time on my hands and there was a great xci installer script, which is not defunct.

I'd go for xbmcbuntu. There are a lot of simple tweaks integrated in that version that makes it far more useful than Ubuntu minimal.
What kind of tweaks?

I'm inclined to try it given that this karmic update is taking forever.
well, seems like the xbmcbuntu install is trashed. I get to the install to disk or run from usb screen and when I choose one, it just reboots. that's super awesome.

openelec RC5 runs ok though, I want some more options to play with, hence fighting with xbmcbuntu.
OK so I tried a new usb stick and got a bit further but holy hell did that take forever. i gave up and went back to openelec.. going to test that for a bit. though scanning my library is taking FOREVER
.. just installed Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Server + LXDE .. lightning fast ..