Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Wrong time in XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
On my iPad and an Apple TV of another user we realised, that something is not correct with the time. System time on iPad/AppleTV is 10:22, but XBMC shows 10:15. In OSX build the time is correct. Any Ideas?

My builds are from yesterday (20120713-ec33523).

Best regards
TheChief
Wouldn't that make it wrong by +/-n hours?
language is Germany, Region is Germany and i think this has nothing to do with the 7 minutes difference.
You got any other problems we could talk about instead?
Hi,

@TheChief: Thank's for posting this issue here, I just registered here as well.

I am the user with the 7 min delay in XBMC mentioned above. So Timezone and region in ATV and XBMC is correct. Via SSH Command shows the correct time but in XBMC the wrong time displayed and used - no idea why.

clock in main view is affected and the epg in live view.

My first guess was a hwclock adjustment file in /etc but isn't existing. Would be great to get anyones guess about the issue so that I can make a check.

cu oesi
(2012-07-16, 22:47)oesi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

@TheChief: Thank's for posting this issue here, I just registered here as well.

I am the user with the 7 min delay in XBMC mentioned above. So Timezone and region in ATV and XBMC is correct. Via SSH Command shows the correct time but in XBMC the wrong time displayed and used - no idea why.

clock in main view is affected and the epg in live view.

My first guess was a hwclock adjustment file in /etc but isn't existing. Would be great to get anyones guess about the issue so that I can make a check.

cu oesi

Can you post a debug log ?

Sounds to me you are running a Live TV build, if so, it might be that your xbmc time is coming from the tvheadend server (or whatever live tv server you are using) and/or even the cable signal.
just make sure that whatever servers you are using all use the same NTP server (or actually start using one and if you do, use the same one)

I'm using the builds form thechief to and have also the same problem. 7 minutes difference on all my ios devices. thechief and i using the vdr pvr via xvdr addon. on all my chain devices ubuntu-server, ipad, atv2 the time is correct set via ntp (checkd that via commandline), but xbmc don't using it. i have no idea why...
Hi,

I just disabeled all the pvr staff ( I am also using xvdr plugin to connect to vdr) but the difference for the clock displayed in xbmc is still 7 min.
So I am quite busi currently, so very difficult for making more research (maybe at the weekend). I switched off the VDR transponder based time sync, but no change, I tried to post the log, but unfortunately I dont have mc installed (could not find the right repo so far) for making this work easier and vi is missing as well for changing apple time server setup. can anyone give my a brief hint how to get these two programms easiest way. would help me a lot.

Thank you for all the input

regards
oesi
apt-get install mc
apt-get install vim
I can confirm that I have the same problem. I'm also running the build from TheChief: 12.0-ALPHA4 Git:20120713-ec33523
Here are my logs:
xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/Xxyq9YMM
syslog: http://pastebin.com/yR94XsBY

I noticed that the xbmc.log contains the accurate time while the time displayed in xbmc is behind by 7 minutes.
Anyone can confirm this on an official nightly too?
(2012-07-19, 15:00)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone can confirm this on an official nightly too?

Its hard to see - the time is off-screen since it won't save the screen calibration data Big Grin and I can't be bothered to set it everytime...

I can't be bothered to even read these posts about 7 min time diff which I don't even care about Wink
Seriously however - my time is spot on - running the nightly from the 19th July..
Pages: 1 2