Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XIOS PIVOS vs ATV2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
davilla,

should i wait for ouya or get pivos ds, ill mainly be using it for xbmc. but i want the most out of xbmc
ouya production is at least six months away, you can get a pivos ds now. You choose.
thank you for the quick response. you seems to know a lot about pivos ds. is it something you would recommend for xbmc fan
I run a pivos box on my main HDTV. It has replaced all my atv2's which are only used for dev now.
thanks davilla
(2012-08-24, 22:29)davilla Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-24, 20:08)tutu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-23, 20:41)pszab Wrote: [ -> ]Can the pivos ds display all kinds of frequencies under linux? 23.976, 29,97 and the integer ones?

Nope Confused It output only at 60Hz

It also supports 30 and 50Hz but we have the 30Hz trapped out. 23.976, 29,97 video content are quite smooth. But I see that if one absolutely must have display switching regardless of how good the Pivos DS handles it, then maybe the Pivos DS is not the device for you.

I was wondering if the support is not their in hardware, or is it just down to software/firmware?
@tutu, software.
Hi Davilla,
We currently have 2 active separate branches of XBMC for XIOS - one for linux, one for android.
Only XBMC application is important for me on this device.
Which branch has more intensive development/support for XIOS?
What would you recommend to install on XIOS to get most stable and performed XBMC for now and in the future?

Is it safe to copy userdata folder from ATV2 to XIOS xbmc without any changes?

Thanks
4public
@4public, please don't email with the exact same questions you post on the forum. I'm a busy dev and will get to answering forum posts when I have come up for air from active dev.
There are answers from Davilla to my questions:

(2012-08-28, 21:32)4public Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Davilla,
We currently have 2 active separate branches of XBMC for XIOS - one for linux, one for android.
Only XBMC application is important for me on this device.
Which branch has more intensive development/support for XIOS?

Davilla: both Smile I bounce around and just finished fixing some issues under pivos/linux.

(2012-08-28, 21:32)4public Wrote: [ -> ]What would you recommend to install on XIOS to get most stable and performed XBMC for now and in the future?

Davilla: now, pivos/linux. in the future, sorry my crystal ball is broke.

(2012-08-28, 21:32)4public Wrote: [ -> ]Is it safe to copy userdata folder from ATV2 to XIOS xbmc without any changes?

Davilla: No, there are differences between mainline and pivos/linux, specially with the database versions. We have a priority task running to bring pivos/linux in sync with mainline but until then, do not mix userdata.

Not a fan of the XIOS hardware ATM, I'll wait for OUYA. They'll also be more likely to have legit Netflix, Hulu, Pandora and Spotify apps. My Optiplex 755's will tide me over. Smile
(2012-08-26, 14:19)davilla Wrote: [ -> ]@tutu, software.

Thanks. More importantly is it software we can change? Is the support lacking in drivers, kernel, xbmc? Why not add it as a resolution option? That does not help with automatic resolution changing and it would make the GUI sluggish but at least it would be something.

When I finally get a new laptop I will check out the source. Will pivos Linux build make it back into mainline?
(2012-08-30, 19:49)Philmatic Wrote: [ -> ]Not a fan of the XIOS hardware ATM, I'll wait for OUYA. They'll also be more likely to have legit Netflix, Hulu, Pandora and Spotify apps. My Optiplex 755's will tide me over. Smile

I'd be very surprised if there was anything that Ouya could do that XIOS DS couldn't when it comes to XBMC. I would even bet that XIOS DS would work better. Granted, XBMC for Android in general is still in development and the Ouya does not physically exist yet. I can't see the specs listed for Ouya making a significant difference.

As for Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, and Spotify, both boxes are 100% legit in their access to these services. Both boxes will simply be using the same version of these apps from the Google Play store.
Hi!

I have an HTC One X (NVidia Tegra 3 version) and it seems like I can run XBMC.on it, so I thought... If I buy the HTC media link HD would I be able to use XBMC to stream movies from my mobile to my TV? Would XBMC be able to stream videos from my Synology NAS to the TV? Also since XBMC can handle AirPlay, would I be able to stream movies from my iPad to XBMC in my phone and see it on my TV through the media link HD?

What do you think?
(2012-09-04, 23:25)tidelipop Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

I have an HTC One X (NVidia Tegra 3 version) and it seems like I can run XBMC.on it, so I thought... If I buy the HTC media link HD would I be able to use XBMC to stream movies from my mobile to my TV? Would XBMC be able to stream videos from my Synology NAS to the TV? Also since XBMC can handle AirPlay, would I be able to stream movies from my iPad to XBMC in my phone and see it on my TV through the media link HD?

What do you think?

I think that you would need to wait for XBMC for Android to be further into development before anyone is able to answer such questions.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9