Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fanart issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A Newbie here and I apologize if this is covered somewhere else. I have all my movies sorted by genre folder - action,animation..etc and in these folders each movie has it's own folder. So the structure is:
Folder[moviename] and inside:
moviename.iso/mkv/m2ts (one of these extensions)
folder.jpg
moviename-fanart.jpg (1280x720)

Now when I select files by icon, the various genre folder icons are shown, great! when I select one of the genre folders, the various movie folder icons inside that folder are shown, also great! Now when I select a particular movie folder, still in icon mode, and highlight the icon for the movie, I can see the fanart come up in the background but the large dark panels and large icons in the foreground make is almost impossible to read or for that matter see clearly. At this point it would seem to be really good if all I was confronted with was a 'Play' icon or a 'return' icon preferably at either the top or the bottom of the screen and the fanart clear. I have tried a number of skins including transparency which is supposed to be a good one for fanart (it distorts folder jpg's) but they all seem to clutter up the screen with superfluous dark panels and overly large icons.
any suggestions would be most welcome
Turn stacking on and the folders stack down (assuming you've scraped).
I turned stacking on and tried confluence and transparency and nothing seems to have changed. Still large dark panel with equally large icons for movie and return
Have you scanned your movies into the library?
I'm scanning my movies in now, could take a while Smile using the rapier skin looks like it might have some promise. Can actually see the fanart in the background now, albeit through a really dark screen in front of it. Hopefully that might change when the scanning is done
I've let the library do it's thing, scanned and stacked. But still don't see fanart clearly. When I do click on the iso icon I now get a fanart page or movie 'info' page that I really didn't want. starting to despair ever getting it to work the way I want Sad