Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Another Build Guide from Lifehacker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Things that make you go hmmmmm ...

http://lifehacker.com/5926235/how-to-put...-the-cheap

scroll a little for the list.
Not sure how useful the build list is since he built a hackintosh. A hackintosh has some specific HW requirements Windows or Linux does not have.
(2012-07-16, 19:19)Dougie Fresh Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure how useful the build list is since he built a hackintosh. A hackintosh has some specific HW requirements Windows or Linux does not have.

I think it's a pretty odd presentation of information. He first says that it is a hackintosh, but then says it doesn't have to be (to which I would say "No duh"). So I feel like he could have suggested a much more economical build for what he's actually doing with his machine.
Another funny thing about the presentation is there's a "Step One" but then no more steps after that Smile.

Seems very specific to what he wanted to accomplish. Even building a hackintosh he could have used an i3-2105 and saved some money. 8GB seems standard for a hackintosh. I bet he just really followed the tonymacx86 site to the letter.
I agree with you guys... Smile