Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good afternoon,

I am a new user of MediaElch. First of, thank you for developing this! Great media manager, simple, elegant and functional.

One thing I have not figured out, and I am sorry if it is a simple question, is how do I search for new episodes for all TV shows at the same time, without having to go to each show, doing a right click and then selecting "Search for new episodes"? I am running MediaElch under Windows 8.1. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Bart
(2015-03-10, 21:31)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Good afternoon,

I am a new user of MediaElch. First of, thank you for developing this! Great media manager, simple, elegant and functional.

One thing I have not figured out, and I am sorry if it is a simple question, is how do I search for new episodes for all TV shows at the same time, without having to go to each show, doing a right click and then selecting "Search for new episodes"? I am running MediaElch under Windows 8.1. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

Go to Settings, Global and select "Reload on start" for the folders containing your shows. ME will indicate which shows have new episodes. Does a show have new episodes you select the show name and click the scrape button (top left corner).

If you need to check all shows you can alternatively use the reload button (7th button from the left).

It is not possible to scrape all shows in one click.

HTH

Greetz,

_J@n_
Thank you!
Hi Komet,
getting back to an old request for a tiny enhancement:
Scanning for dublicates (f.e. via the filter function)

sometime you store movies with a german and or english title, make mistakes, etc. so it would be very handy to have a overview of mivies with the same imdb id to correct the mistake.

in addition:
TV shows: would it be possible to have a similar genre edit section that we have for movies? if you like to streamline show generes you have to touch every show and edit generes on show level.

Thanks for listining
I'm hoping ME can resolve my issues with Certification as 'my' KODI setup seems to only capture this field from RottenTomatoes and I have too many movies to update individually.

My objective is to have all movies in separate folders depending on Certification so that I can use Profiles in KODI with Passwords for restricted access. Each movie is in it own folder with the KODI library exported. KODI is now set to local sources as I need an internet(less) solution.

I have tried Loading a single movie, and Multiple movies with just the Certification field selected.

What I've notice is, if I select a single movie, ME will always search tMDB, if I select multiple movies, I get the option to choose the Scraper. I have done this and selected custom and tried different sources to get the Certification with some success.
EDIT: Scratch that. More playing around and I'm better educated!

For example, Cloud Atlas Certified R. It does not get picked up. In the Information tab of ME, the Certification drop down has 'blank','G','PG',PG13'.

Does anyone have a tried and tested method for accurately updating the Certification field?

EDIT#2-Problem resolved. Symantec Network Threat Protection. I'm guessing as ME does not go through an 'install' process, Symantec did not recognize it or queried if it should be allowed or blocked network access. It just blocked it.
A few checks on updates and it looks like ME is going to resolve my certification issues.

Suggestion. Put a check in for internet connectivity.
Is there a way to stop the 'Search' so that options can be changed rather than wait for it to finish it's initial search?
My internet is slow band and it takes a while waiting for it to stop so I can change options.

UPDATE, Firewall issue. See above.
+1 Big Grin

It happens also when IMDB takes ages to answer (when it does).
Hi I have a problem with MediaElch , I copied the advancedsettings.xml file in the program folder and although the xml file loads correctly as I passed the mpaa 18 to NC- 17 as you have put in the xml not keep me NFO only with the first studio but it keeps all clear in the Skin and not any idea that can be displayed properly ?

SO Windows 8.1

<advancedsettings>
<portableMode>false</portableMode>
<log>
<debug>false</debug>
<file></file>
</log>
<sorttokens>
<token>Der</token>
<token>Die</token>
</sorttokens>
<certifications>
<map from="FSK-0" to="Rated G" />
<map from="FSK-6" to="PG" />
<map from="FSK-12" to="PG-13" />
<map from="FSK-16" to="Rated R" />
<map from="FSK-18" to="NC-17" />
<map from="18" to="NC-17" />
</certifications>
<genres>
<map from="SciFi" to="Science Fiction" />
</genres>
<studios>
<useFirstStudioOnly>true</useFirstStudioOnly>
<map from="Studio 1" to="Studio 2" />
</studios>
<countries>
<map from="US" to="United States" />
</countries>
<audioCodecs>
<map from="MPA1L3" to="MP3" />
</audioCodecs>
<videoCodecs>
<map from="v_mpeg4/iso/avc" to="h264" />
</videoCodecs>
<fileFilters>
<movies>*.avi,*.mkv</movies>
<concerts>*.avi,*.mkv</concerts>
<tvShows>*.avi,*.mkv</tvShows>
<subtitle>*.srt,*.srt,*.idx,*.sub</subtitle>
</fileFilters>
</advancedsettings>

NFO created

<watched>false</watched>
<credits>E.L. James</credits>
<credits>Kelly Marcel</credits>
<director>Sam Taylor-Johnson</director>
<studio>Focus Features</studio>
<studio>Trigger Street Productions</studio>
<studio>Michael De Luca Productions</studio>
<genre>Drama</genre>
<genre>Romance</genre>
<country>United States of America</country>
<actor>

very thx´s im sorry for my english
A request.

Can you add 'Certification' field so that it can be added to the folder/filename during a rename?

This would help me 'search' for folders and move them to the appropriate destination.
A Request.

Can you add a check box so that 'Certification' drop down can be disabled (default). This would prevent accidental changing.
A suggestion.

Under Settings/Kodi, can you remove the 'greyed' 127.0.0.1 in the Host field and put it as an example. It took me a few attempts to realize that I had to manually enter the Host address.
MediaElch works great for the most part, but I am having some issues with it. Sometimes certain TV episodes are not showing depending on the directory structure. Here's an example:

Code:
/TV/Futurama
---Season 1/
--------episode1.mkv
--------episode2.mkv
--------etc
---Season 2/
---Season 3/
---Season 4/
---Season 5/
---Season 6/
--------S06E01/
-------------part1.rar,part2.rar,etc
--------S06E02/
-------------part1.rar,part2.rar,etc

Seasons 1 - 5 are all structured the same way and they show up in MediaElch, but when I get to Season 6 and I have the subdirectories for individual episodes made up of rar parts, they do not show up in MediaElch.

Even when I have a directory that is only made up of rar parts in individual folders, it shows that I have 0 episodes for that TV show. How can I fix this?
I use the tvshowmatching setting in advancedsettings.xml to have Kodi match some of my files (I like to keep filenames original) but anyways is there a way to use this in conjunction with MediaElch?
@ticketwire

You should un-rar the files, and name them correctly as multi-part episodes.

See section 2.2
http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows
(2015-03-25, 22:09)Powerhouse Wrote: [ -> ]@ticketwire

You should un-rar the files, and name them correctly as multi-part episodes.

See section 2.2
http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

I'd rather not unrar because it saves space having them compressed and kodi is able to play them fine. The movie scraper I used in Kodi was able to get information from them and I'm certain MediaElch can get the info too. For some reason they just don't show up sometimes. I think it has more to do with the directory structure than it does the file type. Also part of the reason I'm using MediaElch is because of the auto renaming. I really don't want to spend time unraring and renaming everything. I'd rather have MediaElch find the data and rename it for me.