Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@_J@n_: A little typo: it has to be libqt5qml5. I have just uploaded a new package to launchpad which should be available in a few minutes.

btw: It would be nice if somebody knowing the debian/ubuntu build system and launchpad would like to take over building the MediaElch packages! Smile
@Komet

Nice work with mediaelch ! i have two requests .

1- Option to take vote from imdb ,
2- Renamer file for movie and tvshow (the media+folder)

thx!
(2015-10-12, 04:54)MaxCore Wrote: [ -> ]@Komet

Nice work with mediaelch ! i have two requests .

1- Option to take vote from imdb ,

thx!

+1
(2015-10-11, 21:48)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]@_J@n_: A little typo: it has to be libqt5qml5. I have just uploaded a new package to launchpad which should be available in a few minutes.

btw: It would be nice if somebody knowing the debian/ubuntu build system and launchpad would like to take over building the MediaElch packages! Smile

Typo's happen. No big deal. Cool Thanks for the fast response and solution. Just updated ME to 2.3.1. Great as ever Big Grin

I'd wish I was comfortable with the build system and or Launchpad. Unfortunately I am not Confused

Greetz,

_J@n_
@Komet

Just to warn you that mediaelch returns bad musicbrainz ID for album (artists is ok).
For ex, Medialelch returns for "NRJ Party Hits 2015" the following mbid 2de9b0f9-6c8d-4538-b63d-45cb81fa963f; But on MusicBrainz website this album has the following mbid : 2208998c-97b9-4cd9-91d1-4fe6a9876b27

Hope you will be able to correct it. Thanks.
(2015-10-13, 09:19)wilmans2m Wrote: [ -> ]@Komet

Just to warn you that mediaelch returns bad musicbrainz ID for album (artists is ok).
For ex, Medialelch returns for "NRJ Party Hits 2015" the following mbid 2de9b0f9-6c8d-4538-b63d-45cb81fa963f; But on MusicBrainz website this album has the following mbid : 2208998c-97b9-4cd9-91d1-4fe6a9876b27

Hope you will be able to correct it. Thanks.

I'm using the release-group-id on musicbrainz not the release-id. If you have a look at http://musicbrainz.org/release-group/2de...cb81fa963f (ID used in MediaElch) you see that this is the album "NRJ Party Hits 2015". The Audio DB also uses the release-group-id and not the release-id.
Thanks for the answer Komet. I understand now why the website did not recognize my mbid Smile
Any chance we will ever get a custom scraper for TV Shows? I much prefer the plot outlines of IMDB as well as the ratings/votes over TVDB since the TVDB rarely has more than 100 votes.
MediaElk Issue:

Hello I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now when I scrape the TV shows I am getting a star to show the TV show could not be found and then a double listing of the season and episode number.
Does anyone know why?
Here is an example:

S08E09 S08E09 Ancient Aliencs.mp4

Why does it list S08E09 twice?
Also it is not downloading the information for this episode.
I did not change the settings or anything.
The filename in the directory is: S08E09 Ancient Aliens.mp4

Plus all episodes before ( 1-8 ) are fine ( but then again I was using windows 7.

Does anyone else have this issue and if so, how did you fix it?

Regards
Hi!
I'm on Windows and uses version 2.2.2 a long time. Today I upgraded to the new 2.3.2 and at the first start ME can't DL any pictures, so I closed it. At the next start, it crashed. Restarting it didn't help. So I deleted the reg-keys and the kvibes-folder in C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\kvibes\MediaElch\
After that ME started, but If I click on "Add sources" it freezes and the ME window gives no response. Is there any debug-mode I can turn on? Or does anybody can give me a hint to solve the problem.
Also I was
Thx
ME on Win7

Edit:
Going back to 2.2.2 solves all the issues from above. I'll stay at 2.2.2 until they are fixed.
Is there any way to let IMDb catch the US name of the movie and not (like in my case) the German one?
Just select in the scraper settings IMDB language option US?
Hello,

I have tried to use this on Mac several times, each time with a different MediaElch version, and it crashes every time I try and open a folder. For example, if I right click in the left column area of the application and select "Open Movie folder", the program will crash immediately. So I am unable to load any media. Anyone else successfully use this on a Mac?

thx
(2015-10-18, 01:50)leejk Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried to use this on Mac several times, each time with a different MediaElch version, and it crashes every time I try and open a folder. For example, if I right click in the left column area of the application and select "Open Movie folder", the program will crash immediately. So I am unable to load any media. Anyone else successfully use this on a Mac?

"Open Movie Folder" just opens Finder with the folder of the selected movie (and I've just fixed this bug where MediaElch crashes when doing this on an empty list). You need to go into the settings and add your movie folders there.
(2015-10-17, 23:49)MasterPhW Wrote: [ -> ]Just select in the scraper settings IMDB language option US?

There is no option for IMDb in the scrapper settings! Also if I Multi Scrape without "save each movie after scraping" and then hit Save All it doesn't save the xml and pictures to the HDD with the movie files. It only does if I select each movie separately and hit the normal save button. It works though if I tick the "save each movie after scraping" option. Strange.

So I've tested this some more and SAVE ALL doesn't save all, it has the same function as the normal single save button.