Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-11-04, 19:43)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering if the music scraper has changed recently. My albums are named "year - title" and I have to remove the year for the albums to scrape. Thanks

Anyone know if this is being worked on? Thanks
Hi!
How is ME dealing with several external drives? plugging in disk no.1, reading it and everything is fine. unplugging disk no. 1, plugging in disk no. 2 and --> whoopsie!! disk no. 1 is gone (and also of course its information)
am i getting something wrong there or is ME just working with drives that are actually plugged in?
i suppose i am not the only one with several external disks, so is there a way to handle this in a correct way?

cheers, Schiffschaukel
(2015-11-08, 18:47)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-08, 16:36)beesmyer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-08, 15:25)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: [ -> ]Trying to get music catalog into shape and into kodi. Does this grab any info and correct info or just get the images? Thanks

It uses the folder name for lookup.. being artist and album. If it can find a match with this then it scrapes and updates all the information/images that you have preselected with the settings. Including musicbrainz ID. If the name is not correct, or has the wrong one in the .nfo then you can simply type the correct one in the search bar, select the appropriate artist from the found match, and it will replace everything.

This is the only solution I've found for local scraping like this of music. There are a few bugs and many features I'd like to see but I am using it now. I hope enough people donate and provide feedback on this to encourage fast development.

Just downloaded and never noticed the scraper button makes more sense now. Is it supposed to do any folder or file name renaming or no? Update tags and add all that or no? Better using something else for that?

I believe shows function performs renaming. But the music side of it does not. Better off using a dedicated tagger/player/organizer for this anyway. Mediaelch will grabe the data for the nfo and images. I only use this for my cover art and kodu data now. I've stopped using cdart manager.
(2015-11-10, 17:22)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-04, 19:43)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering if the music scraper has changed recently. My albums are named "year - title" and I have to remove the year for the albums to scrape. Thanks

Anyone know if this is being worked on? Thanks

I replied to your post on the ME forums. So did the developer. But I'll add it for others. This has been improved on the latest nightly build. I no longer have to remove the year for it to scan for a release.
(2015-11-10, 18:30)Schiffschaukel Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!
How is ME dealing with several external drives? plugging in disk no.1, reading it and everything is fine. unplugging disk no. 1, plugging in disk no. 2 and --> whoopsie!! disk no. 1 is gone (and also of course its information)
am i getting something wrong there or is ME just working with drives that are actually plugged in?
i suppose i am not the only one with several external disks, so is there a way to handle this in a correct way?

cheers, Schiffschaukel

It can handle multiple drives and folders fine so long as they stay plugged in. Since ME is meant to store the info locally I'm not sure why one would want to see the data when a drive is unplugged.

But ME does store the location of the drives and is very quick to re-scan. I have some music I like to transfer on a usb drive to work on while I have time going places. I can simply plug it back in and it will automatically pick it back up
(2015-10-30, 03:11)leejk Wrote: [ -> ]How does one resolve music that is part of a movie soundtrack? It doesn't seem to be able to find a match using the Universal Music scraper.

thx

I have found that if I type in "soundtrack" with the search string then it will find it.
(2015-11-12, 20:56)beesmyer Wrote: [ -> ]Since ME is meant to store the info locally I'm not sure why one would want to see the data when a drive is unplugged.

ME has this beautiful tool for exporting lists of movies, tv shows and concerts into a really nice looking html file. love that. i would like to see all my movies and tv-shows in that list. since i am not able to plug in 15+ drives at the same time, i guess i have to live with that. merging 15 different lists is quite a bit of work, i'm afraid.
thanks anyway,
cheers, Schiffschaukel
Hello!
What am I doing wrong?
I have set up to sync :
Host : 192.168.1.36 ( IP of my PC )
Port : 8080
user : no
password : no

When I click on the "Synchronize to kodi " and then I click start, out notification "compressing database - scanning for new content" for 2 seconds and MediaElch not import any movie or other...
How to do? Sad
I tried with different ports and settings, but nothing happens.
Thank you
Whats the best way to let mediaelch and kodi to handle music soundtracks when scraping?
(2015-11-13, 23:40)xbmandrea Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!
What am I doing wrong?
*snip*
I have set up to sync :
Host : 192.168.1.36 ( IP of my PC )
Port : 8080
user : no
password : no

When I click on the "Synchronize to kodi " and then I click start, out notification "compressing database - scanning for new content" for 2 seconds and MediaElch not import any movie or other...
How to do? Sad
I tried with different ports and settings, but nothing happens.
Thank you

Have you selected the media to synchronize first? Have a look here were Komet explains how this feature works.

HTH

Greetz,

_J@n_
@xbmandrea: MediaElch won't import movies from Kodi. You have to tell MediaElch in the settings where you have stored your movies. You can then select movies in MediaElch (right click on it -> Add to synchronization queue) and execute the synchronization. MediaElch will tell Kodi to remove the selected movies from its database and afterwards trigger a rescan in Kodi. That's the only way to make Kodi re-read the nfo file. But: You also have to setup Kodi before and add your movie folder in Kodis settings.
@Komet

Nightly 15.11.2015
when scraping movie, in stream details audio and subtitle languages are not scrapped properly
(2015-11-16, 22:41)solamnic Wrote: [ -> ]@Komet

Nightly 15.11.2015
when scraping movie, in stream details audio and subtitle languages are not scrapped properly

Streamdetails are never scraped, they are loaded from the movie file with mediainfo. Can you check if the streamdetails in MediaElch are really different to the values reported by mediainfo?
(2015-11-16, 23:49)Komet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-16, 22:41)solamnic Wrote: [ -> ]@Komet

Nightly 15.11.2015

Streamdetails are never scraped, they are loaded from the movie file with mediainfo. Can you check if the streamdetails in MediaElch are really different to the values reported by mediainfo?

Thanks for the quick answer...
it was a false alarm... (a movie that did not have subtitle details...)...

Smile
@_J@n_
@Komet

Thanks a lot, I'm just stupid.Sleepy
I thought MediaElch takeby kodi database...
Now it works well , it was enough to add the directories...Big Grin